You can type here any text you want

Blown 4.6 Mustang

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whooshmobile

After several months of a racing drought, I finally was able to get a race.

This morning, while driving in to work through stop and go I-25 traffic, I spotted a maroon 96-98 Mustang with some mild body upgrades. I didn't look real hard at first after seeing that it had 96 and up taillights (4.6 liter). But then the guy reved a bit. It sounded pretty healthy, but a faint whine caught my attention. As traffic progressed, I saw his Vortech license plate frame and several pillar mounted gauges. Fat rear tires on Cobra R rims were on display out back.

Traffic cleared up some as I rolled down my passenger window to inquire. "Do you have much done?” I asked. He kinda shrugged, "Some", he replied. I asked how much boost he was running so I would know what to expect. He said 12.

By this time there was quite a bit of open road ahead. I pointed forward and asked if he wanted to go. I didn't hear a reply.... only the sound of his blown 4.6 as he downshifted. Doh....stupid thin air impeding my spool up. He had about 2 cars on me before the GN built boost. From about 35-80mph I gained back a car and a half, but couldn't get any more before safety and upcoming traffic forced us to shut them down.

His exit was coming, so we exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. Mustang guys can be cool sometimes. I had my boost set at 16# running 93 oct. gas with a JL 100 chip. If only....... :cool:

Nice run

Nice to see somebody have a good street encounter with a Stang guy cause it seems like some guys on this BB don't have the best experiences with stangers. The car you ran into was probably a mid 12 second stang at best if it had all the bolt ons with a 'charger. I've seen some down here that were running mid 13's though so I guess it all depends on what 'charger he had and the amount of boost he was running (you said he was running 12lbs, so it was probably a solid 12 second stang). I would suggest you get an SMC alky kit for these street encounters this way you can always be in "semi" kill mode with about 20-22lbs of boost cause that 44 turbo will really wake up at that amount of boost as I've experienced since I got mine and the best thing is your able to run on 93 octane pump gas and you won't be killing those 02 sensors!!! I've become an alcoholic:D ;)

Good Call

i too shall become an alky holic:D just for that reason...kill mood on the street and no killing of o2 sensors

Re: Nice run

Originally posted by 86brick
Nice to see somebody have a good street encounter with a Stang guy cause it seems like some guys on this BB don't have the best experiences with stangers.

Especially the ones in New York. ;)

Wow very kool i am having my opinion on stangers killed more and more each day :D KOOL
im glad to hear about anyrace that ends in pleasantries

Originally posted by Whooshmobile
After several months of a racing drought, I finally was able to get a race.

This morning, while driving in to work through stop and go I-25 traffic, I spotted a maroon 96-98 Mustang with some mild body upgrades. I didn't look real hard at first after seeing that it had 96 and up taillights (4.6 liter). But then the guy reved a bit. It sounded pretty healthy, but a faint whine caught my attention. As traffic progressed, I saw his Vortech license plate frame and several pillar mounted gauges. Fat rear tires on Cobra R rims were on display out back.

Traffic cleared up some as I rolled down my passenger window to inquire. "Do you have much done?” I asked. He kinda shrugged, "Some", he replied. I asked how much boost he was running so I would know what to expect. He said 12.

By this time there was quite a bit of open road ahead. I pointed forward and asked if he wanted to go. I didn't hear a reply.... only the sound of his blown 4.6 as he downshifted. Doh....stupid thin air impeding my spool up. He had about 2 cars on me before the GN built boost. From about 35-80mph I gained back a car and a half, but couldn't get any more before safety and upcoming traffic forced us to shut them down.

His exit was coming, so we exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. Mustang guys can be cool sometimes. I had my boost set at 16# running 93 oct. gas with a JL 100 chip. If only....... :cool:

If I can win a couple of more times on Monday Night Poker I will be in the Alky club also.
Of course I could lose it all too...:(

Back