Blown Brake Fuses why?Hard pedal?

blackstallion

About three weeks i was driving and my brake light came on the pedal got very hard so i pulled over checked for leaks none,and i had brake fluid filled up,check the the 30 amp fuse and it was blown,so i bought a box of 30 amp fuses to get me home i put the new fuse in and it worked fine for about 3 days,fuse blown again as i have been too busy at work to mess with this brake problem.Replaced fuse again and it lasted about 4 days,but yesterday it got all bad fuses are only lasting about 30 seconds what the hell has anyone ever had this problem,once the fuse is installed it momentarily turns the motor on and my pedal feels normal again but then it gets very hard again cause the fuse is bad what could it be this is my first time dealing with this powermaster stuff?Sometimes the fuses last a few days even a week then sometimes it only lasts a few seconds which is now happening all the time.:confused:

sounds like the pressure switch. i had the same problem more or less. fuse would blow immediately though. there is away to check the pressure switch with a continuity tester but its been so long i forget. try doing a search or check gnttype.org. hope that helps.:D

I had the same problem with mine.....replace the accumulator ball on the side of the powermaster unit.....for some reason mine was doing the same thing...I dont know what that would have to do with the fuses blowing but I replaced it and WA*LA my problem was fixed....i had the whole power master unit replaced and everything but nothing worked until the accumulator ball was replaced...hope it works for you!:)

Go to www.gnttype.org and check the technical articles for the powermaster diagnostic chart. Blowing the fuse faster and faster is the classic symptom of a dying electric motor that drives the hydraulic pump in the powermaster.