Board member "BobbyBuick" feature car for the month of December.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Here's the only info I have from his sig on this very nice ride~

85 T-Type 10.35@129

Hopefully Bobby will chime in with some more info and/or pics for us:cool:

Attachments

• ttype0001_edited.jpg
    ttype0001_edited.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 213
  • pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 237
Thanks guys,heres some info
BobbyBuick
In the 10’s for $10,000

In 1999 my local track revoked my rights to race my 1987 Grand National after repeatedly running faster than 12 seconds in the quarter mile without a roll cage. I was running 11.60’s, quite an improvement from the high 13’s I had run at my first Buick National’s in 1997. That’s when I caught the fever and began finding ways to convert a tight budget into lower ETs.
My Grand National was in better shape than many I had seen and I didn’t want to hack it up, with a roll cage, so the search was on for a turbo Buick to build into strictly a racecar.
I purchased an 85’ gray ,hot air, T-Type for $750.00, that had been abandoned and was in pretty rough shape, but with the help of some friends, and bartering for body work, parts, and labor, it is now what I consider a sharp-looking racecar.
My goal was to get into the 10’s, (1/4 mile ET), for $10,000 which I did successfully, running a 10.50 @ 125 MPH @ Gateway in 2000.
My original recipe is as follows…..
Stock 109 block w/stock pistons & rods over bored .030
Stock cast crank balanced w/one of the original RJC girdles
Stock intake, ported
Stock headers
Stock crossover
Stock throttle body
Stock ECM w/Red’s 107 chip
204-214 Speed Pro cam
Champion Iron Heads
50LB injectors
Eastern Performance intercooler
TE45A John Craig turbo
10” non-lockup converter w/400 Turbo Transmission

I have since made changes for safety and to meet the TSM requirements, which is currently the class I am running in. My fastest ET to date is 10.30, (in the ¼ mile), @ 130 MPH, achieved in 2005. The modifications I made to the original recipe, (above), are as follows…..
Max Effort R
GT70P Turbo
Transbrake
Precision Intercooler
Speedpro Pistons
Moser’s spooled 33-spline axles
Full exhaust (TSM requirement)
Among other suspension changes to improve 60’ times

In addition to the aforementioned two cars, I am currently converting another 85’ T-Type for my wife, Annette, and our 19 yr. old son, Rob, owns an 87’ Limited that has run 12.25 @ 110 MPH at our local track. He is currently in the process of modifying his car to meet the requirements for the new TSF class he plans to run in this year.
We are definitely a Turbo Buick family!
Thanks to all the friends, family for the help, encouagement and hours. My car is not all that but I am there to be with friends and have fun. thats it.. Thank You TB.com for Featuring my car

Bob Slusser (BobbyBuick)
Email: Bobbybuick@sbcglobal.net

Bobby,

Thanks for the very nice write-up and for the videos!:cool: That is cool to hear the whole family enjoys the Turbo Buicks kinda like my family in a way cause my bro has a Buick powered Mustang and my dad has a silver '86 Ttype:) If you have any pics you need resized feel free to send them to my email~ wanted667@hotmail.com

Here's some pics Bobby sent me to resize and post for him~

Attachments

• bgnats2005.jpeg
    bgnats2005.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 145
  • norwalk2004 pic.JPG
    norwalk2004 pic.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 144
  • ttype1st pic.jpg
    ttype1st pic.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 173
  • ttype2nd pic.jpg