You can type here any text you want

Bob bailey Box and XFI spark issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detomaso71

I have a ignition break up issue that starts right At 4500 rpm and the rev limiter on the fast and bob bailey are set way above that. I have replaced coil pack and module and plugs. Even borrowed a friends coil pack module to be sure I didn't buy a bad one

How do I unplug or by pass the bob bailey box to run
car without it to eliminate it as culprit?
Anything else it could be?
Car ran great in BG last October sat over winter and the problem was there after winter and both street and race tune are doin it on different types of new gas and all tuning was by Cal

I unplugged both plugs ins on bailey box but then will not start so I'm trying to eliminate it and attack the problem by elimination method

Thx

Should be 1 wire that was spliced into XFI to connect BBB.

Double check you don't have the partial cut on

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

if you unplugged both plugs, then you need to unplug the fusebox adapter and reinstall the stock fuse.

if you spliced into the EST wire, then you will need to reconnect it. if you just tapped it, then you are fine.

Bob

Somewhere on the board is a nice diagram on how to hot wire the stock ignition with using the BB 2 step. I would do a search and highly recommend this procedure since its proven on an 8 second street car.
AG.

Double check you don't have the partial cut on

Partial cut wouldn't make a misfire. Only starts the two step cut out feature a few hundred rpm sooner than full cut. This is useful for me since I struggle getting on boost.
AG

Unplugged 2 step and issues seem resolved?
Ground to box is ok
So Is the circuit board malfunctioning or shorted?

Also of the BB 2 step is bad should I just rev limit with XFI?

I thought Cal said XFI pulls fuel to rev limit which would be bad where as Bobs box pulls spark?

Unplugged 2 step and issues seem resolved?
Ground to box is ok
So Is the circuit board malfunctioning or shorted?

Also of the BB 2 step is bad should I just rev limit with XFI?

I thought Cal said XFI pulls fuel to rev limit which would be bad where as Bobs box pulls spark?

Don't use the XFI to rev limit since it shuts down the injectors and can possible cause issues.

Allan G.

Somewhere on the board is a nice diagram on how to hot wire the stock ignition with using the BB 2 step. I would do a search and highly recommend this procedure since its proven on an 8 second street car.
AG.

Have you found that diagram?

Back