body mounts

xclrate

I just ordered this body bushing set from Summit.Does anyone know if the #5 bushings(the ones over the axle like on the GNX)are included or do I have to buy them extra?Thanks.
ens-3-4141r_w.jpg

I used the same kit a couple years ago and #5 was included. looking at the picture its the two I circled.
Hopes this helps
Bob

Attachments

• ens-3-4141r_w.jpg
    ens-3-4141r_w.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 387
RE: Put the Pst's on my Limited

put the whole set up on my Limited with Kyb shock abou 4,00 miles ago.
Love the ride.Kirban or chevy still has the stock set. Need them for my National. Only use it to show.

Thanks guys!That's the answer I was looking for.The set includes 26 bushings,but I wasn't sure.BTW,what is the easiest procedure in changing these?I have the the car about 3 feet off the ground on stands under the frame currently.:cool:

Here's a good write up that will walk you through it.
Bushing Replacement Procedure
I'd also recommend buying a new set of bolts from either Kirbans or Gbody.

That's a good write up!I think the only change I would make to those directions would be to remove all the bolts on one side and loosen but not remove completely all the bolts on the other side.To me it would seem a little safer.Thanks alot everyone!:cool:

I put the Prothane bushings on my car a little while ago. I like them very much. The only thing I would add is to lube them up good. I spent a couple of days doing mine but most of that was RUST repair. Take some time after you get them all in and measure the gap between the body and frame to make sure the body is straight. Many were crooked from the factory! I had my gas tank out to fix the sender so that made it a little easier. I also pulled the rear bumper to make sure the filler didn't get cut up. You will probably have to adjust both bumpers anyway so you might as well pull them off.

Ok.Another thing I noticed is at the number 3 position,there is no lower bushing.I heard most GN's came this way from the factory.When I put a new upper and lower in that position,will the bolt be long enough for the the two?:cool:

#3 is different than the others and a PITA to install. The "nut" moves around. Be patient. The rest are simple enough.

Would use GBody's for parts. He has everything you could use and can help in decision....JMO....ROB

Ok.Another thing I noticed is at the number 3 position,there is no lower bushing.I heard most GN's came this way from the factory.When I put a new upper and lower in that position,will the bolt be long enough for the the two?:cool:

Forgot to say yes the bolt will be long enough, but it is shorter than all the rest. They are all the same lenght except for #3.

kirban 2 cents worth

All the above is good advice.....here is some more:

I don't see any bolts in your kit if not included you should go with new bolts they are special grade 8 two different sizes....we stock them as probably others do also.

If you are doing the install your self I highly recommend you have someone help you...God forbid the car shifts and your hand or something is in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

One way to be sure you get the car and the frame somewhat centered to each other is when you install the GNX style bushing....it centers on a pad above your axle.....if it does not center then something has shifted either the body or the frame.

99% of the turbo regals are missing at least 4 lower body bushings by design some are even missing 6...unless previous owners have installed them.

Its the one under the center of the door, also just in front of the rear axle and sometimes the last ones back by your rear bumper.

Now is the time you hope your car has no underside rust...as rust can cause the cage nut to spin...any cage nut that spins means you gotta cut a hole in the floor to reach it....not cheap.....

In closing....

good luck...

Think they are 15mm bolts.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Important point to remember

I found out the hard way that you cannot raise the drivers side off the frame very high WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE PARKING BRAKE CABLE. The cable fitting at the ebrake pedal has a round barbed connector that locks when pushed through the hole it mounts in. I tightened a zip tie around the connector to pull the barbs in and then once they were clear of the hole I cut it off and the cable came right out. I then pulled a little slack back into the engine compartment. Mine is not a Regal, but it is a G body and I would suspect it's the same for all G bodies.

kirban 2 cents worth

All the above is good advice.....here is some more:

I don't see any bolts in your kit if not included you should go with new bolts they are special grade 8 two different sizes....we stock them as probably others do also.

If you are doing the install your self I highly recommend you have someone help you...God forbid the car shifts and your hand or something is in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

One way to be sure you get the car and the frame somewhat centered to each other is when you install the GNX style bushing....it centers on a pad above your axle.....if it does not center then something has shifted either the body or the frame.

99% of the turbo regals are missing at least 4 lower body bushings by design some are even missing 6...unless previous owners have installed them.

Its the one under the center of the door, also just in front of the rear axle and sometimes the last ones back by your rear bumper.

Now is the time you hope your car has no underside rust...as rust can cause the cage nut to spin...any cage nut that spins means you gotta cut a hole in the floor to reach it....not cheap.....

In closing....

good luck...

Think they are 15mm bolts.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info Dennis.BTW,I already ordered a set of bolts from you.I received them in 3 days.Thanks again!:cool:

My car was on a lift when I did the bushings. Kept raising the transmission jack against the body passenger side (with a 2X4 in between) and finally BAM! The body came apart from the frame. Bushings were easy to do on that side. On the drivers side, while jacking up the body, we smelled gas....broke the rusted gas line! Just cut out the rusted area and put in high pressure fuel injector rubber line. As for the bushings in the trunk area, if the cage spins, it is not a big deal to cut into the trunk. A Black and Decker grinder for $35 from O'Reilly's worked for me.