You can type here any text you want

Bolt In Rear Coil Over's For Launching?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Posted this in the drag racing section as well but thought it might be better for this section. Has anyone had any experience with the bolt in style rear coil over kits and launching. I currently have cargo springs, airbags, and comp engineering shocks. (HR Bar but that will stay) Wondering if there will be any benefit to switching to this setup

Looking for 60ft times with this setup. As well as tire info on that 60ft.

Brandon

Setting up the suspension for anti-squate will alleviate the need for bags and stiff springs, letting you use the shock adjustability to it's fullest.
I see no downside to using them.

Best was 1.73 on 255/60/15 Et streets. But this was at a very bad traction track. It would not stick any boost launches. leaving at no boost was the only way it would hold.

I like the compact design of the rear coil over setup. Plus it would give more clearance for the 4" exhaust. I just wanted to see if anyone had any test results at the track with this setup.

Brandon.

I'd toss the cargo rear coils and go with stockers. A 28" rear tire will give you more of a contact patch. 1.6's here...with Bilsteins at all 4 corners. I just swapped out to Lakewood 70/30's and 50/50's. Hoping to see 1.5's.

Brandon, what's the reason for the coil over? is it just for the sixty foots? or do you also want the advantage of playing with ride height? I have no experience yet on the coil over setup, but this year I will have a better understanding as I have already ordered a set of Afco double adjustable coil overs for my car. If your not entirely fixed on a coil over, the Lakewood setup as Brad mentioned is awesome for the price. I currently have the Lakewood 50/50 and 90/10 in the car right now that I will be taking out shortly. I hooked consistent 1.37 sixty foots with these shocks in the car off the transbrake and 15-20 psi launches when I ran 9.90's. Now that the car is making more steam, that setup is now hurting my sixty foots and was told by numerous people to get rid of the 90/10 up front, hence the change. You don't need coil overs for a 4" exhaust. My Dad has a 4" RJC exhaust on his car along with a H&R bar and he has got plenty of room without hitting anything. Here are some pics.

IMG-20110719-00198.jpg

IMG-20110719-00197.jpg

IMG-20110719-00196.jpg

Mike, how loud is the 4" single exhaust and does it drone when at cruising speed?
Thanks,
Mike.

It is loud on the initial hit from a dead stop. It has a deep note to it, but no drone at cruising speeds.

Mike was looking at them for height adjustments as well (I don't like the rake on my car as it sits with the rear springs in it now). I have qa1 coil-overs in the front and and wouldn't mind matching them in the rear. The exhaust does fit with no issues, but there would be even more clearance with the coil-overs. I think I'll wait and see how you make out with your setup and than go from there.

Thanks Brandon.

Setting up the suspension for anti-squate will alleviate the need for bags and stiff springs, letting you use the shock adjustability to it's fullest.
I see no downside to using them.
x2

Back