boost flutter at wot along with sputtering

If you are using head bolts,I would use studs next time. IMO nothing wrong with going back with stock gaskets again.

got studs on there. do you think this would cause the problem i am having. is boost blowing by the ring

Head gaskets don't look too bad. Why do say they are blown? I can't see them causing any issue. Maybe blowing by a little but the rings are still intact. Surely not the cause of metal particles. :confused:

Find the source of the metal debris.

Head gaskets don't look too bad. Why do say they are blown? I can't see them causing any issue. Maybe blowing by a little but the rings are still intact. Surely not the cause of metal particles. :confused:

Find the source of the metal debris.
as far as metal i only found 5 little specs and the other thing i checked the cam sensor with tool and the light was out i turned it counterclockwise 1/8 inch and the light came on so it was an 1/8 inch out dont know how many degrees that is. also the ring on the sensor was heavily corroded.

The "graphite" on the filter is metal. That did not come from the head gasket. Something had to get ground up.

Keep digging, you'll find it.

The "graphite" on the filter is metal. That did not come from the head gasket. Something had to get ground up.

Keep digging, you'll find it.

the graphit on the filter is blue and smears on my finger i ran a magnet on the filter and only picked up 4 to 5 particles to orange stuff is permatex

I Got A Chip From Eric My Car Ran Horrible Black Smoke Came Out The Back Sputter It Ran Real Rich Put The Stock Chip Back In Car Ran Great

I Got A Chip From Eric My Car Ran Horrible Black Smoke Came Out The Back Sputter It Ran Real Rich Put The Stock Chip Back In Car Ran Great

maybe you got a bad chip they can break if you get a static charge putting them in. i had never had an issue with erics chips. he did reburn me one and it didnt help. ran the same but idled better and better fueling. thanks anyway. if you bought it off eric email him he will make it right. if you got it off a board member you are on your own i guess. sounds like it is burned for another type of injector

While the gaskets look like theyre getting pushed, it isnt your issue. The cam sensor being mis-aligned.. that could cuase issues.

Pull your lifters out one at a time and look at their bottoms for issues.. they all should be nice and flat on a flat tappet cam. This is one sure way to tell if the cam is toast, as you can not have a perfect lifter and a wiped out lobe.

While the gaskets look like theyre getting pushed, it isnt your issue. The cam sensor being mis-aligned.. that could cuase issues.

Pull your lifters out one at a time and look at their bottoms for issues.. they all should be nice and flat on a flat tappet cam. This is one sure way to tell if the cam is toast, as you can not have a perfect lifter and a wiped out lobe.

thanks julio!!!!! i did check the lifters and they are flat with a circular mark on them so the zinc is doing its job as for the cam sensor i hope that was an issue and the issue.

If it is the cam sensor, its a pisser. While I have never had to chase down a mis-aligned cam sensor, there are plenty of threads of those who have.

Make sure you get 85 FT lbs on the upper middle head bolts to help clamp er down.

Cant think of anything else. :redface:

If it is the cam sensor, its a pisser. While I have never had to chase down a mis-aligned cam sensor, there are plenty of threads of those who have.

Make sure you get 85 FT lbs on the upper middle head bolts to help clamp er down.

Cant think of anything else. :redface:

thanks for the help. what about torque for the rest of the bolts?

"85 is fine on the rest. Put lube on both sides of the washer."
Do you put lube on the threads also or not? Thanks.

Should also use the lube recommended by the bolt/stud manufacturer. If using ARP....use ARP's lube....yes it makes a difference.

well got it back together ad it is still doing the same thing the coolant temp is down to 158 driving and idle. at a loss