You can type here any text you want

Boost Gauge Hookup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If this is a stock engine that has boost swicthes for the dash lights, just add a T there. Much easier to do it there than add another to the line running under the turbo. Actually on the earlier cars, that line is routed over the turbo. Makes life much easiers doing it that way. (MAP sensor also is plumbed to the lines that see boost)

And the line circled in the first picture - I suggest removing it and capping it off. It doesn't really do anything and often the wastegate actuator leakes internal - creating a vacuum leak to the engine.

THe engine is in a sand car, so i can't use the dash lights sadly. I guess i'll just have to pull the turbo off and tap/dye it. Unless there are any other options.?

THe engine is in a sand car, so i can't use the dash lights sadly. I guess i'll just have to pull the turbo off and tap/dye it. Unless there are any other options.?

there is a port. take a picture of the number 1 runner.
you may have a bracket that is bolted to the intake and the carb pad.
remove that bolt and its there.
i forgot what size nipple you need. charlie may know.
trust use its there. it may be two or three inches from the flat spot you are talking about. follow that intake runner toward the valve cover from the flat spot if you see any bolts then its where you need.

Yes! Chiefshocker, Best option and quickest/cheapest
It's not difficult, All you need is a vacuum tee to run inline with the waste gate signal hose(the one running from the turbo foot to the waste gate actuator) Done. Connecting the gauge there will let it see vac/boost and it will not interfere with the waste gate actuator operation.
Your welcome!

photo 1.JPG

Here is where Matt and I are talking about. 1/8 NPT fitting will work.

Attachments

• DSCN0001a.JPG
    DSCN0001a.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 139
Yes! Chiefshocker, Best option and quickest/cheapest
It's not difficult, All you need is a vacuum tee to run inline with the waste gate signal hose(the one running from the turbo foot to the waste gate actuator) Done. Connecting the gauge there will let it see vac/boost and it will not interfere with the waste gate actuator operation.
Your welcome!

great.. that makes it easy

Back