boost issue please help

wamatam

boost junky
well i had an issue with the boost on the car i hadnt really noticed till today but when i get into the throttle from a dead stop to WOT when i shift the first gear the boost goes straight up to 15psi (where i have it set on the manual boost controller) then it drops like 2-3 psi then back up to 15psi and continues to pull very hard and very well after the 1st gear shift WTF?????:confused::confused:

why would it go to 15psi then come down then back up again and hold all of this at WOT no letting off throttle?

car is pretty much stock this is the run down

TT street 93 octane chip
turbonetics cheetah .63 rear
AFPR set at 43lb with vac off
stock injectors
stock intercooler
new connectors and clamps
new vaccum lines
CAI
full exhaust
stock downpipe
alky control kit

15psi MAX boost

car has a mickey mouse manual boost controller that i might swap out for a better brand one. it also has the stock internal wastegate still on the car and no Blow off valve. car has 128k miles original it also has a small crack on the driverside header but if this was the cause for the boost drop wouldnt it limit the boost all the way thru WOT and not just on first gear?

i know i need to get a scan master to see if theres any knock i ma currently working on the $$$ for it as of now.also i dont know if this might be due to low fuel as well as i am unsure if the gas gauge is working could the drop be in fuel slosh i dont have a guage for fuel pressure in the cab could this be a possibilitiy? i do know that when it drops off the 2-3 psi i am speaking off it comes right back on boost up to 15 psi and then starts pulling like a raped ape. it just first gear?

any help would be great.

leak

a pre turbo exhaust leak can cause boost problems and should be addressed. fix what you know is wrong first before you start looking at other areas.

Is the alky kit turned on?? Your mods include a TT street chip not an alky chip...If you are spraying alky without the correct chip and only running 15 lbs of boost it maybe bogging it down on shifts...Not suggesting to turn up the boost without a way to monitor knock!!

Post a pic of the boost controller. I have had boost issues off and on forever. I just bought an RJC BOOST CONTROLLER and the issues are gone. It goes to the number and stays there. It is the best $55 bucks I have spent on this car so far, and I have spent hundreds of 55 bucksisis'!!!:eek:

:biggrin:

As 3.8L ....

has suggested, if you are sprying, the alchy may be cooling the charge too much and starts to blow out the wick.

well after the call car shifts is starts pulling hard all the way thru the rpms its just on the 1-2 shift like if there was fuel slosh. i am going to put a fuel pressure guage on it to monitor pressure on the first shift to see what it does.

i am scanmasterless for now so im trying to get one.