Bosch 160# injector failure

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Guy's,

I was wondering if anyone other than me of course has ever had a Bosch 160# injector fail open while running E85? Electrically the injector seems fine it's just stuck open. FWIW, I had them cleaned and flowed by Chuck Leeper less than 500 miles ago and he gave them a clean bill of health.

Thanks

Neal

I have a Power Probe you could borrow that can check injector drivers, if you'd like.

I also have another set of Bosch 160s you could swap in to compare against.

Just let me know.

I have a Power Probe you could borrow that can check injector drivers, if you'd like.

I also have another set of Bosch 160s you could swap in to compare against.

Just let me know.

Tyler,

Thanks for the offer. I have some new 225 lb injectors on order. I figured I'd need something bigger than the 160's but I wasn't planning on replacing them this soon.

Neal

I have about 200 -300 miles on mine...no issues so far....plus stored over the winter with e85 in the system. I have two extra if you need a replacement.

I guess that's good to hear. I seem to have a host of bizarre problems that keep coming up on my car and this was the latest. I suspect the injector probably isn't compatible with E85 as they are older and were originally designed for CNG from what I understand. I'm going with Seimans Deka 225's which are compatible with alcohol based fuels.

Neal

I guess that's good to hear. I seem to have a host of bizarre problems that keep coming up on my car and this was the latest. I suspect the injector probably isn't compatible with E85 as they are older and were originally designed for CNG from what I understand. I'm going with Seimans Deka 225's which are compatible with alcohol based fuels.

Neal

Not a fan of the Bosch 160’s

The Lucas 160’s work well
Ive got little time on the 225’s so far no issues . The Lucas idle better