Bought a new Cobra.

Snorman

Boosted.
I bought a brand new '03 Cobra last Monday from a dealer in Warren, MI. The car was still in plastic, and because it was a "leftover" '03, I got a great deal on it.
Drove it 660 miles home that same day, and the car now has just over 1300 miles on it. It's going to be a pseudo-daily driver for me. I'll drive it on nice days, and my I'll keep my beater Taurus for crappy weather (like...today).
I dyno'd it last Thursday at a local shop. Bone stock, it put down 364rwhp/353rwtq. I'm hoping to get it to Atco this week for a few passes.
Here are a few crappy pics I took last week. I'll probably get more when time permits.
Later.
S.

"364rwhp/353rwtq"

Wow, that's better than I would have expected! I mean, I don't keep up on the 'Stangs or anything, but yikes.

Friend of mine came by yesterday with his '03 Cobra 6-speed. With crappy traction on street tires it is a low 12 car. Using ET drags and a shot of NOS and a pulley, low 11's/high 10's!

He kicks butt on the street!:D

As a driver, a FUN car, am sure you will enjoy it.:)

Congrats.....I think the '03 Cobra is the GN of the new millenium.

My uncle has a rebuilt salvage '03 Cobra - triple black droptop. I got my GN from him in '97 maybe I'm due for another. Buyer backed out 'cause he couldn't come up with the cash. I've been thinking really hard about it but want to wait to see what the '05 will look like. If unky comes up with a smokin' deal I might pick it up.

Jim

I saw the '05 at Javitz last month, and IMO...it is just a beautiful car.
There is no seam at the C-pillar and quarter, the hoodline is smooth and I think the nose looks great.
But, there is going to be no SVT Cobra until model year '07. That won't be released until mid-year '06 (July-September range). That's two and a half years from now. And while I think the '05 is a very good looking car, and probably improved from the current Mustang...it's not a 420hp, IRS equipped, blown, 6-speed Cobra. :eek:
I'm waiting to see what the '07 Cobra will be...but I didn't want to wait two years. By the time it's released, I'll be in a position to trade this one on the new offering without taking a hit.
Like Nick hinted...these things have awesome potential. The owner of the shop where I dyno'd has a package for the '03/'04 cars consisting of a pulley w/matching idler, MAF and a chip (burned on his dyno w/wideband). The setup is $1500 installed and tuned, and so equipped, his '03 went 11.7@121mph on a set of 16" ET Streets (with all else stock!). Stock exhaust, stock suspension, stock gears, clutch...etc., etc....
Sean.

Congrats Snorman!

The new Terminator is an incredible machine and is one of the two domestics highest on my performance list - the Viper is the other one with the ZO6 a close third.

I love the silver color and I know you're gonna have a blast.

VERY nice ride.

The 03 Cobras are very impressive. The only downfall is the rear suspension. Two of my friends have broken half shafts on DRs. Too bad they don't come with 8.8s in them anymore. The gearboxes are very tight as well. Those are the only two things I would like to see improved on them. I thought about getting one myself ;)

Sweet ride....

We just had a cruise night here in san diego(friday) and there was a shelby club present. There were probably 25 shelby cobra's, two were actually real and there was also 15 or so shelby gt 350's and gt 500's...The new cobra has a great heritage....enjoy it!

Congrats on the new ride! You're gonna love it... I know I do. :D

It'll be interesting to see the '07, but I really don't care for the new Mustang. The concept wasn't bad, although a little too retro for my tastes. Unfortunately, the production car doesn't look as good as the concept. It just looks bloated to me. Either way, I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes!

Originally posted by strikeeagle
So who has deals on leftover 2003's?

And where can I get a Cobra for "24K"???

I think the difference might be between a NEW (leftover) Cobra and a used one. I haven't seen new ones dip that low in price.

Uncle wants $26k for the triple black droptop '03 Cobra. There may be some give on it. It has a clean Maryland title but Carfax will show a total in its history. It has 9100 miles on it. I'm not sure that's the smokin' deal I was looking for.

Jim

IMO ford had to supercharge their engine to keep up with the famous ls1 and they still can't even keep up.........cobra :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Crazy87GN
IMO ford had to supercharge their engine to keep up with the famous ls1 and they still can't even keep up.........cobra :rolleyes:

Uh, his 364 at the wheels is pretty good considering its rated at 390.

I'm not a huge Ford fan, but ummmm how about those 2004 LS1 camaros. :rolleyes:

There's a guy out hre in L.I., w/ a black 03, intake ,pulley,90/10's , rear control arms,tremec pro shifted 5spd 3pc Bogart wheels, hidden NOS,hits it w/100 shot,stock everything else runs consistant 9.80's ,if you saw this thing you'd peg it for an 11.5 daily driver, scary!

Originally posted by Crazy87GN

Wow. I'm a GM fan, but man, someone's in the dark. I've had both, a 99 SS and an '03 cobra. The LS1 just couldn't hang.
My '03 put out 383 rwhp totally stock and 404rwhp with just an air filter. I raced an '00 SS with long tubes, full exhaust, and pretty much all the bolt ons (no cam/heads) plus a 150 shot and pulled him to 140 from a roll with a passenger in my car. Yeah, you're right, the Cobras just can't hang. :rolleyes: