You can type here any text you want

Brain Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOLICKER

So put the fresh motor in. .030 over,cometic gaskets, erson 208/208 cam, larger valves w/mild headwork, 50 LBS Delphi injectors, 6057 Billet wheel turbo, TT chip, 10" non L/U converter w/3000 stall. Go out drive around stab the pedal get 12 lbs boost but car is a stone. Turn up the boost to 17 lbs car picks up some power but my stock GN will give it a thrashing any day! O2 #'s on scanmaster good 750-800, no knock, engine runs fine but feels like I'm dragging an anchor. I took off air filter as it was bit dirty and even opened exhaust dump to eliminate exhaust plug. Car is noisy and still a stone! Any thoughts??? Thanks!

new build

I would thing the car should run mid to low 11's if the fuel pump is keeping up?sounds like the cam is 4 degrees retard or out of time

Is the cam degreed right? My car felt like a turd (and it was) but when I took it apart the crank sprocket was set at -4 degrees retarded :rolleyes:.

if that was the case my cranking compression should be low. I am at about 140 psi. I think that is about right.

The cam being off 4* isn't going to lose 100hp here. I'd look elsewhere first

So put the fresh motor in. .030 over,cometic gaskets, erson 208/208 cam, larger valves w/mild headwork, 50 LBS Delphi injectors, 6057 Billet wheel turbo, TT chip, 10" non L/U converter w/3000 stall. Go out drive around stab the pedal get 12 lbs boost but car is a stone. Turn up the boost to 17 lbs car picks up some power but my stock GN will give it a thrashing any day! O2 #'s on scanmaster good 750-800, no knock, engine runs fine but feels like I'm dragging an anchor. I took off air filter as it was bit dirty and even opened exhaust dump to eliminate exhaust plug. Car is noisy and still a stone! Any thoughts??? Thanks!

That's what you get for letting Norbs tune it. :biggrin:

Is the cam degreed right? My car felt like a turd (and it was) but when I took it apart the crank sprocket was set at -4 degrees retarded :rolleyes:.

That's nothing! I was out 10 degrees, the car couldn't spin the tires, and I had oil blowing out of the breathers with 12psi of boost. Once I fixed that the car would spin the tires and no more oil spraying out on low boost.

Back