Brain Block

TURBOLICKER

So put the fresh motor in. .030 over,cometic gaskets, erson 208/208 cam, larger valves w/mild headwork, 50 LBS Delphi injectors, 6057 Billet wheel turbo, TT chip, 10" non L/U converter w/3000 stall. Go out drive around stab the pedal get 12 lbs boost but car is a stone. Turn up the boost to 17 lbs car picks up some power but my stock GN will give it a thrashing any day! O2 #'s on scanmaster good 750-800, no knock, engine runs fine but feels like I'm dragging an anchor. I took off air filter as it was bit dirty and even opened exhaust dump to eliminate exhaust plug. Car is noisy and still a stone! Any thoughts??? Thanks!

new build

I would thing the car should run mid to low 11's if the fuel pump is keeping up?sounds like the cam is 4 degrees retard or out of time

Is the cam degreed right? My car felt like a turd (and it was) but when I took it apart the crank sprocket was set at -4 degrees retarded :rolleyes:.

if that was the case my cranking compression should be low. I am at about 140 psi. I think that is about right.

The cam being off 4* isn't going to lose 100hp here. I'd look elsewhere first

So put the fresh motor in. .030 over,cometic gaskets, erson 208/208 cam, larger valves w/mild headwork, 50 LBS Delphi injectors, 6057 Billet wheel turbo, TT chip, 10" non L/U converter w/3000 stall. Go out drive around stab the pedal get 12 lbs boost but car is a stone. Turn up the boost to 17 lbs car picks up some power but my stock GN will give it a thrashing any day! O2 #'s on scanmaster good 750-800, no knock, engine runs fine but feels like I'm dragging an anchor. I took off air filter as it was bit dirty and even opened exhaust dump to eliminate exhaust plug. Car is noisy and still a stone! Any thoughts??? Thanks!

That's what you get for letting Norbs tune it. :biggrin:

Is the cam degreed right? My car felt like a turd (and it was) but when I took it apart the crank sprocket was set at -4 degrees retarded :rolleyes:.

That's nothing! I was out 10 degrees, the car couldn't spin the tires, and I had oil blowing out of the breathers with 12psi of boost. Once I fixed that the car would spin the tires and no more oil spraying out on low boost.