You can type here any text you want

Brake fluid leaking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

While changing the oil in the rear I seen a huge glob of oil and dirt. After cleaning it off I found a T where the two rear brake lines go to the wheels. I want to change the short rubber hose comming down from the frame. Is it still available and does anyone know the part number? Has anyone changed this? Looks like a real PITA with all the rust.
Sal

Also get yourself a set of flarenut wrenches so you won't round off the fittings. All the brake fittings on my 84 were standard sizes.

Sal Lubrano said:
While changing the oil in the rear I seen a huge glob of oil and dirt. After cleaning it off I found a T where the two rear brake lines go to the wheels. I want to change the short rubber hose comming down from the frame. Is it still available and does anyone know the part number? Has anyone changed this? Looks like a real PITA with all the rust.
Sal
------------------------------------
If you are still running the powermaster brake unit, fix that asap as leaking fluid will mean losing pressure and that can mean powermaster motor running continually to make up for the lost fluid/pressure and can mean a very premature death for the powermaster motor. Happened to me. Mechanic said that it was probably due to my not fixing the leaking fluid in a timely fashion/ Just my .02 worth.

Loss of brake fluid in the apply circuit of a powermaster will NOT cause the pump to run. The power assist circuit of the PM is separate from the two apply circuits.

However, any loss/leak of brake fluid is a major safety concern. For your own safety, fix the problem before you drive the car again.

Thank you for the correction. That was what my mechanic told me a few years back, and I had no reason to disbelieve him

Back