You can type here any text you want

Brake lights not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Motorbreath

I have an 87 grand national, and my brake lights keep failing intermittently. the third brake light has no problems but the two tails will fail at random. i have checked the fuses but they are fine and the bulbs have been changed. wondering if its the brake relay under the dash? or possibly a short? anybody have this issue or have any suggestions? :confused:

If the thrid brake light works, you more than likely have a loose ground or connection on the drivers side rear of the trunk. Check there first.

The guy that owned my car before me was a tall guy with big feet...The same thing happened to him with this car and I troubleshot it for days.

Finally I was up under the dash just randomly wiggling the different connections when poof they started working again and haven't had a problem in years. I think he just kicked one of the connectors loose.

Look for a loose white wire at the base of the steering column...in a connector that is mounted on the top of said column. It has been a plague for may a GN owner.

Back