You can type here any text you want

brake line suppliers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

regal81455

Looking for experiences regarding ordering brake lines - Ive seen inland tube and the other supplier on fleabay - anyone else out there. Im going SS, just looking for best price, quality, and identification.

TIA!!

i bought a fuel line last year from inline tube, quality and fit was good but shipping was more than the line. i bought bulk tubing and flare tool and bent my own brake lines came out cheaper. hth

i bought a fuel line last year from inline tube, quality and fit was good but shipping was more than the line. i bought bulk tubing and flare tool and bent my own brake lines came out cheaper. hth

Im going to be bending my fuel lines due to needing them oversized, Im not looking forward to it at ALL! Ill pass on bending the brake lines if I can. The shipping shouldn't be too bad for since they are located one state away. Just wanting to see what everyone's experiences have been like with the pre-bent retailers. Thanks for your input though!

Thats a very interesting read as i was about to purchase brake and fuel lines from either inline tube or the competitor that also sells on ebay. Now i might just take it to my local shop and let them bend and run the lines. i take it if you do purchase these pre-bent lines you have to take the body off in order to install them. If this is the case i'm definately having someone do this to save time and hassle.

Is inline tube the one that people were having problems with fuel lines not sealing? I bought mine from classic tube after reading that

from what i read inline tube is the one people had problems with. That was two years ago and may be fixed now but didn't sound like they were too helpful to correct the problem.

Classic tube

Ask for Tim, he has a GN as well (and is the original owner)

716-759-1800

HTH

Do you really have to take the body off to install these pre bent brake and fuel lines?

The search feature has tons of threads on suppliers. :)

Here's one... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...uel-lines-compared-oem-gm-vs-aftermarket.html

Thanks for that thread!!! I think Im going to have to check out classic tube as well for pricing - Im going to be doing my own fuel lines but if Inline is not going to stand by their fuel, Im compelled to use a competitor cuz' they probably wouldnt stand by their brake lines either, even if they are fine ( which the thread kinda stated the brake lines weren't an issue ?? )

Do you really have to take the body off to install these pre bent brake and fuel lines?

Brake lines no. Fuel lines I cant see doing with the body on the frame.Were they go over the rear of the frame is tight. Im sure it can be done. Just get some body bushings and do them at the same time:biggrin:

Did the rears (brakes) on the axle myself, my bends with off the shelf lengths, works fine no springs on them.

Used the classic tube for the 2 fronts and long rear one from axle to prop. block in stainless they worked fine and were installed with very well sagged body on frame no serious problems but done on a lift, took some creative twisting like corkscrewing the 3" downpipes into the car but can be done.

They are shipped bent in half (long line only) by Classic and the guy who answered the phone knew our cars and had a GN. :cool:

Other vendors sell Classic tube as well but I'd ask first to make sure as the name might not be listed.

Takes them about 3 weeks to ship them out from Classic so if you order factory direct expect about a month wait.

Turbo Buick parts vendors may get them to you much quicker.

They're made to order, fresh. :smile: ;)

Call Jack Cotton or Brian at G-Body if you want stainless quicker just make sure they are Classic tube lines they sell. :cool:

Back