Brian H??

"In his words a bullet proof 2004r with full billet internals,stage rite trans brake,custom deep aluminum pan."

Shouldn't the billet overdrive planatery gear have already been in it ??

You would think.

Don't you hate that when find you didn't get what you thought you paid for.Not a trans pro but do my own anyway.Held up good so far and all the parts I paid for are in there.

i see that brian is not a sponser of the board anymore so i guess he has had it with us. what ever the problem is he should have typed a thread stating that he is stepping down or taking a vacation from this business. also on another subject when buying a tranny you will never know what is put in there until it breaks or you take it somewhere else to freshen it up. it is a huge gamble. TRUST!

Brian Hoffer

Good News!!!

Brian got a hold of me today and wants to make things right with me! He has been going through some real tough times. He has explained to me that he had some personal and family issues that he has been dealing with and needed to take a break. He has had some major medical issues that required him to be away for awhile and was unable to contact anyone on the board. He also does not have internet right now so that makes it even more difficult.

I can honestly say, the last transmission he built for me has held up well into the low 10's without a bit of trouble. It is still in the car and doing great without a bit of trouble. Brian thinks the first transmission he built for me had some issues because of contamination. I am not sure what caused the problems, but we think it might have been my fault when I switched the tranny lines with the oil cooler lines on the dual cooler I used.

As you can see by the people standing up for him, he does build some awesome trannys. It's not easy building a 200r4 that can hold up to these powerful turbo Buick motors. It would be a shame to lose someone with Brian's knowledge of the 200r4. He wants to make this right with me and we are negotiating the deal for a new transmission.

Thanks Brian and I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Good News!!!

Brian got a hold of me today and wants to make things right with me! He has been going through some real tough times. He has explained to me that he had some personal and family issues that he has been dealing with and needed to take a break. He has had some major medical issues that required him to be away for awhile and was unable to contact anyone on the board. He also does not have internet right now so that makes it even more difficult.

I can honestly say, the last transmission he built for me has held up well into the low 10's without a bit of trouble. It is still in the car and doing great without a bit of trouble. Brian thinks the first transmission he built for me had some issues because of contamination. I am not sure what caused the problems, but we think it might have been my fault when I switched the tranny lines with the oil cooler lines on the dual cooler I used.

As you can see by the people standing up for him, he does build some awesome trannys. It's not easy building a 200r4 that can hold up to these powerful turbo Buick motors. It would be a shame to lose someone with Brian's knowledge of the 200r4. He wants to make this right with me and we are negotiating the deal for a new transmission.

Thanks Brian and I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.
glad to see he made it right with you BUT!!!! to say he doesnt have access to internet i have to say that he could of had someone post that he is going thru problems. there is alot of peoples hard work and peace of mind involved. by the way hope all is well with brian. not bashing here just trying to say what should have been done

Not having internet now a days is like saying you don't have a house phone....even if you don't there is a way to access it somewhere..somehow...

Now, for someone like myself, if I lose net, no one is going to care and I wouldn't take the time to access it at a library or something like that.

but someone like Brian Hofer who has a client base that contacts him almost soley through the 'net??

Glad to hear that you are getting taken care of though. I hope things get fixed all around. My dad used him for his transmission and has nothing but glowing things to say.

I am going to call BS on the lack of internet!! You have a cell phone with internet...
We all have problems at one time or another, facing them is what separates some from others.

I AM glad that he is at least talking about making things right with people.

Bryan

Until you walk in someone elses shoes you cant judge them. We dont know what happened to him but I can tell you this. I own a business and I have had personal issues along with medical issues in the past. In some of those times I didnt care about my customers, my equipment, my house ....anything. It gets bad in life sometimes and you put your priorities in order... your self being number one. Im sure if things got real bad for Brian, transmissions and his customers were way at the bottom of his list. Its a sad fact but a true one. I am sure many of you have had times like these in your life. The true test is if you can pull yourself out of the funk and get back in the game. Brian seems like a good guy. Give him time., I am sure he will make it right. Only time will tell if he will or not.

In the big skeem of things these cars are just pieces of metal from Detroit. They are not our health or our family. Just my 2 cents.

As far as him being the middle man... I really dont care. I enjoy the end product which is a tranny that has been reliable and sturdy for my application.

Ed

Shame on all of you who have bashed Brian on this post. If he has been dealing with some personal or health issues that is excuse enough for me. Looks as though he is going to make it right SO LET IT LAY. I am sure that each and every one of you who have taken a shot at him at one time or another have taken a break from the internet. I know I have. It is amazing how easy it is to bash on somebody because of the internet. As for those who have had problems with a Hofer build geez, Chit happens,these cars are expensive and things happen when you produce big numbers like we do. Go
ahead and start bashing me, remember we are a TIGHT community,we go fast with class. What a joke, we are just like everybody else,a bunch of snibbeling,pusilanimous wannabees who cry when they break. Go get a binkie.

Merry Christmas.

Why should anyone that got SCREWED by him let it lay as you say ? Obviously you were not among those that were affected and if it were not for this thread I highly doubt there would be any communication happening with him.
We all know that chit happens, but when your chosen builder won't stand behind " HIS " work and screws you out of your hard earned money I take issue with that. I am out about a grand and a tow bill not to mention the time for R&R again, car being down waiting for him pick it up and tear it down to tell me he wasn't going to cover it and then the time and money to get another tranny built by a different vendor. The two supporting vendors I spoke with both said that is was builder error. It was a BS move on his part and it cost me money and time. Supporting vendor my a$$ !
I have already stated that I have no ill will for him and am glad that he is at least making an effort to take care of some of the issues. I hope that his personal issues are behind him and he gets his life back on track and gets back to " building" the tranny's that he used too that everyone raves about.
Merry Christmas to all.
Bryan

Unfortunately when you own a biz your customers have to come in at some part. I don't care how bad it is, NO ONE is too busy to sit down to the computer for 10 minutes and let paying customers know what is going on. If you are 'too busy' for that, then you don't deserve any more customers. Too much 'all about me' in this world nowadays. I have no personal involvement here, its just how businesses seem to treat customers nowadays.

I did not bash Brian,but saw an oppurtunity to finally tell my side of a story that has been eating me up.

Wow!! Sometimes physical and mental health come before cars!! RIGHT?:confused: I love my car but if I'm not healthy enough to sit in it what good is it? If I was feeling bad I'm not giving a %#$ about having internet!

I'm truely sorry to hear Brian might be having difficulties, whether his are business or personal/family issues, I hope he can find a little comfort in knowing how much HE has contributed to the TurboBuick community and has pleased many customers as well as people around him, we all stumble and fall, who's around to help you back on your feet will teach you lessons you never wanted to learn, Brian, hang in there, better days ahead after the "Test", call me if you think you can use my help, peace brother.

Kevin.

Why did you edit your original post...quite a different post?

Bryan

Yes, quite different.

Although I had serious problems with his transmission(s) my biggest gripe with him was the nasty things he said about me for no good reason.

Still, I havent heard both sides of the story. He is entitled to at least that, so I decided to keep my opinion to myself untill then.

I hope this all blows over... I purchased a trans from Brian last June and so far ( knock on wood) so good.... I've not raced it, but it is shifting ok ( firm) not giving any wierd noises etc... I labored reading tons of post on all the builders and you can find bad on every single one of them.... I went with Brian mainly due to a phone conversation with him and I knew two people off board that were happy with his transmission.... Its tough dealing with people over the phone or internet... you really can not know them and only hope they do you right...

Hope all this gets straightened out soon guys, I have had one of Brians trannys in my car for about 2 years, full build, brake, etc about 2500 bucks worth. NO PROBLEMS period ! Worked perfect right off the crate and still works perfect. No problems at all snatching the tires off the ground and I do NOT baby it all the time. Thats not to say I hammer my stuff either but I don't drive like granny grunt lol. Hope to hear from you soon Brian ! Daniel Ray

this thread is kind of old but im having a hard time gettin a hold of brian h..... has anyone been able to make contact with this guy??