Brian H??

Brian Hoffer

Maybe that's about the time he lost his transmission builder???
His builder used to build some awesome 200r4 transmissions.
I also have one that is holding up so far but I need the other two of mine he has in his possession.

We have all tried to call, email, and PM him with no response.
There is no reason for him not to return our messages.

I am just trying to get back what's mine!!!
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have bought 5 transmissions from Brian including the one in my car that runs 9.30's. I have sent several other customers his way & all have been taken care of. Have you guys called him? I can't speak for him but things do come up in life. Maybe he had a bad deal or two with a not so easy to please buick owner? I sure hope not because I value his involvement with our cars-not sure if anyone else has 200-4r's lasting at 9.30's.

Wonder if it has anything to do with this?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/318256-brian-hofer-transs.html

Vince Janis Transmissions have surpassed that. Red Armstrongs car runs bottom 9s at over 151 with the same 2004r with a lock up that has been in the car for several years. My full weight car went 9.6@143 a couple weeks ago with his trans. I also went 9.90 with bone stock internals with his Stage 1 build. Vince builds all his transmissions in house, in his own shop that has been in his family for 50 years. 15 plus year customer, ZERO disapointments.

So there is ONE trans out there that has been faster than a Hofer trans? What does Red's car run now? I don't follow his performance closely but last I saw the car was running high 9.40's at around 150. I like Red & am not trying to cut down on anything here, just wondering what bottom 9's really means.

Thanks

mid/low 9s on a 200R4 ?? BS !!! You will need a Turbo 400 just in case ya didn't know !! Come on !!

:wink::p Thats great with a 200.. We went 10.10s with a stocker with a Art Car hardened drum. Looking to go a little faster so its good to know they can be pushed that far :biggrin:

[

So there is ONE trans out there that has been faster than a Hofer trans? What does Red's car run now? I don't follow his performance closely but last I saw the car was running high 9.40's at around 150. I like Red & am not trying to cut down on anything here, just wondering what bottom 9's really means.

Thanks

You said you wernt sure anyone else has 2004rs going faster than 9.30s. I simply stated there is one going faster built by someone else. I was at Norwalk last fall when Red went 9.17 at almost 152. That is bottom 9s to me when your .18 away from the 8s. His car has a stage motor but the car still has a/c, stock location ic and a load of stock appearing parts. If you doubt anything I say you can call Red or Vince to validate my story.

Brian Hoffer

Do you know this to be fact? Or are you speculating?

I am just speculating about Brian losing his builder. I am only speculating because of all the problems I have heard about with his recent 200r4 builds. I know for a fact that previously he wasn't building the trannys but having another person build them for him. He was only the "middle man". Maybe if anyone knows the original tranny builder he can step forward and make light of the situation. I heard Brian's tranny builder isn't a people person so we might not ever know?

We are headed a little off topic here since most of us are wondering what happen to Brian Hoffer and not who can build a 9 second 200r4. There are several reputable builders out there who have 200r4's into the 9's. It is very possible, but how long they will hold up is the big question.

Back to the topic. Brian, if you're out there, let us know what is going on!!!

Found this on another website, looks like in 2008 he was sending trannys to Utah.

Re: Whats the value of a buildable 200R4 core

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the turbobuick.com website as most of them use 2004r's. I am having one built for my 66 with sbc by a guy named Brian Hofer who is very well spoke of on their site and very easy to deal with on the phone. His number is 586-306-9996. He lives in Michigan and is shipping mine to UT. Good luck.

Brian Hoffer

He don't seem to interested.....
Last Activity: November 15th, 2010 07:15 PM

I hope he shows up soon. I need to get my tranny and core back!!!

Found this on another website, looks like in 2008 he was sending trannys to Utah.

Re: Whats the value of a buildable 200R4 core

I think he ships them all over the US but has his builder is located somewhere near Detroit. I paid around $300 for a BRF core that I am trying to get back from Brian. He also has another BRF tranny that he built for me that took a crap. Down two trannys worth around $2000. Wish me luck!

You said you wernt sure anyone else has 2004rs going faster than 9.30s. I simply stated there is one going faster built by someone else. I was at Norwalk last fall when Red went 9.17 at almost 152. That is bottom 9s to me when your .18 away from the 8s. His car has a stage motor but the car still has a/c, stock location ic and a load of stock appearing parts. If you doubt anything I say you can call Red or Vince to validate my story.

Its been 8's.

Now who?

This sucks. :( This is who I was going to have buid my next one. I've tried two vendors from this board and both times I feel I got the short end of the stick. They take your money and then tell you to wait. They give you a ship date and miss it by weeks and or months. :mad: One of them doesn't work right. :mad: He wants me to send it back in. Hell no I say. So it can sit in his shop for many more months. I wish this trans stuff wasn't so difficult because it gets old.:eek:

This sucks. :( This is who I was going to have buid my next one. I've tried two vendors from this board and both times I feel I got the short end of the stick. They take your money and then tell you to wait. They give you a ship date and miss it by weeks and or months. :mad: One of them doesn't work right. :mad: He wants me to send it back in. Hell no I say. So it can sit in his shop for many more months. I wish this trans stuff wasn't so difficult because it gets old.:eek:

I had great service from "the Real" Art Carr Art Carr 2004R Performance Transmission, Racing Shifters and Torque Converters Complete tranny rebuild with all high end internals. He dynoed himself, or that's what he said. I couldn't prove or disprove. Guy is professional and will talk to you about your needs on the phone. No emails or texts, but actual communication. He had it done in a very short order too. Look at his testimonial page, RJC racing used him for their tranny build.

I dont know whats going on with Brian...I hope its not bad. In any case I have had good dealings with him and I have been beating on his tranny for 5 years now. With zero problems. After about 5 rebuilds locally since 1992 his has held up.

If he owes money or trannys to some of you guys I hope he squares it up. I hate to see anyone build such a trust over the internet then throw it all away.

Earth to Brian...come in Brian....Do you copy?:frown:

I also had a friend who had 2 of brians trannys break,he got a refund i think and then sent it to Vince Janis .It worked perfect after vince built it.Also i had another member here pm me saying he was having problems with brians trans,this was about 2 years ago.

Well I'm going to step in here where I don't need to be. Looks like this has become a bash thread. I remember seeing a thread a year or so where guys were using Brian's Transmission and loved them. You guys with transmissions with Brian right now I understand your issues. I have yet to see anyone say what has happened with Brian H! He may be having some family issues. Work issues. Remember when Brian Weaver got bashed! He had lost is wife! I thought we were a "Buick Family"! I hope we at least can find out what is going on. I'm sure everyone will get their transmissions built or returned. It's going down like it does when a new member joins this site. Bashed or left feeling like a nobody. I know jack about these cars compared to most of the people on here. I depend on support from the smarter guys than me. I guess I would rather help a board member than bash one! If Brian needs help I will do what I can.

Brian Hoffer

blackgn1-If Brian needs help I will do what I can.

It has become a bashing thread because Brian hasn't stepped up to let us know what is going on. I have tried PM's, phone calls, and emails to find out what is going on, but no replies from Brian. I can understand the personal and money problems but that is no reason to drop off the face of the earth and not communicate with the members who spent their hard earned money on his transmissions. I know there are people out there that had good luck with Brian. Maybe those people can find out what is going on with him and let us know? Any help would be appreciated!!!

I wrote this in February of 2009 and saved it to my drafts in my email. Now that Brians true colors are showing i feel i can post this with out getting bashed to pieces. By the way the trans is broke for the second time in less then 3 years. I will be taking it to Janis for the next rebuild.

There is always 2 sides to every story,this is my side.About this time last year i was in search of a good 2004r for my Vega.I talked to Loni,Janis,and Brian Hofer.Brian offered me a deal i couldn't pass up.In his words a bullet proof 2004r with full billet internals,stage rite trans brake,custom deep aluminum pan.Guranted to go mid 9's in a full weight GN with no problems.
He meats me halfway between Youngstown,Ohio and Detroit,Michigan(Norwalk),so i can take delivery of transmission.The transmission is $2200 minus 2 cores,roughly $500 to $600.

I don't get the trans in and the car back on the road till late spring.I put roughly 1000 street miles on the car and 20 passes.One afternoon i'm out driving the car,get on a long open stretch of road and decide to open her up.I'm in overdrive converter not locked up and roll into the throttle.The trans kicks down from overdrive and then i floor it.I hear a loud bang and then have no forward gears.Coast off the road and call for a tow.

I pull the trans out the following day,grab the input shaft and feel no resistance,I call Brian and tell him i think i broke the input shaft.He tells me no problem,get it back to him,they'll tear it apart and fix it.I make arrangements and drive it 4 1/2 hours to his house that saturday.He then calls me the very next day and says i broke the stock overdrive planatery gear and would need a billet overdrive planatery gear and ring gear.Another $700 and it would be ready to go.I did not have another $700 to put into this tranny and told him to just put another stock one in it,which then he informs me i'll have to pay $100 to have that done.

I wrote this in February of 2009 and saved it to my drafts in my email. Now that Brians true colors are showing i feel i can post this with out getting bashed to pieces. By the way the trans is broke for the second time in less then 3 years. I will be taking it to Janis for the next rebuild.

"In his words a bullet proof 2004r with full billet internals,stage rite trans brake,custom deep aluminum pan."

Shouldn't the billet overdrive planatery gear have already been in it ?? :confused: We have broken a few over the years :p