You can type here any text you want

Broken crank

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My buddies car (slamming 6) start developing a header leak type sound, so after pulling the oil pan, he finds a broken crank.

IMG_1915.jpg

Yep, she's broke
IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

I guess 3+ years of 26 psi will do that to a stock crank. The rest of the stock long block looked great.

Doug D

ouch :eek: . thats where my crank broke in my last motor. its all girdled up now. just need to finish the odds and ends and get it fired up.

This may sound morbid but thats cool looking. I mean just think, a V6 broke that sucker :cool:

Anyways, thank God he spotted it before it caused anymore damage.

There is nothing funny about that Turbo Buicks,I laugh at it because I own that mess, I would hate for that to happen to someone who was down on there funds.Never the less at least now I can make it slower now:wink: .Take care,AL.

How much milage? Did you detonate the motor or what happened there? That is some nasty carnage! :eek:

Al's car came out of the whole hard Real hard, I am trying to get mine to come out like his did, I am getting close a little more practice and I just might get it. AL I am still trying

There is nothing funny about that Turbo Buicks,I laugh at it because I own that mess, I would hate for that to happen to someone who was down on there funds.Never the less at least now I can make it slower now:wink: .Take care,AL.

dont worry i did something worse, i actually took my old motor apart to rebuild it and it was running fine and i found didnt have the money to rebuild it the way i wanted to, haha. oh well, its almost done now after 2+ yrs.

I was at the same point about three mounths ago Iam just now getting past that point.Good Luck on the rebuild Turbo Buicks,Take Care,AL.

Back