Buick Grand National repair manuals

FatNasty231

does anyone know who,what, or where is the best place to get a repair manual for our cars? i was looking at the hayne's manual for '75-'87 regals,but the ad i was reading on the computer said it didn't cover turbo fuel injected motors. any help would be greatly appreciated,because i'm going to be pulling my motor sometime later this year for a freshening up. i want a good manual to carry me thru step by step,so i'll know i have all the correct torque,clearance and adjustment specs. thanks all;)

I have 2 dealer service books for our cars, one is complete and mint the other i use when needed, and is a little rougher, and may be missing some random pages, but they have literally everything in them!
,Dan

Service books

Do you want to let one or the either go? If so what would you be asking for it?

i have this one its pretty good 86-87 Buick Turbo Regal Engine Guide by Peter Hoffman you can buy it here GBodyParts.com Online

i bought mine from Peter on Ebay
not step by step but lots of good info in it

I'm not looking to get rid of any of mine, but what you posted seems nice to work with, i have to say all the junk for other regals, and other Buick cars is annoying to page through.

Helm Inc still has reprints of the Factory service manual but it will take a lot of space on the benchtop

Instead of creating a new thread for this, I figured I would just try and revive this one.

Are there any new/good hard-copy source materials dealing strictly with Buick Turbos? Paid or free?
I am an new owner, and while I understand most car's internals, It would be nice to have a practical reference
that specifically addresses the intricacies of a GN. I've checked all the links in this thread to no avail.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.

First post! Woot.

Here is a link to the free Turbo Regal service manual

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/turbo-regal-service-manual.405573/

Bryan

Excellent link. I recently downloaded this and printed out the entire thing (I work in publishing so that was free) and then had it bound at a FedEx store.
13 bucks total investment. Had them make a fancy cover for them and everything. It's an invaluable source to have.

You can also buy used ones on Ebay for between 150 and $200.

Just like I was at Bowling Green a couple years ago, Ima l'il scurred of you signature... then again.....

Too bad we got rained out. :D

My 6.77 qualifier was a pretty good show for late afternoon that day, not a winner, but a good pass..... :)

You TIA guys need to come out West some day!

Just like I was at Bowling Green a couple years ago, Ima l'il scurred of you signature... then again.....

Too bad we got rained out. :D

My 6.77 qualifier was a pretty good show for late afternoon that day, not a winner, but a good pass..... :)

You TIA guys need to come out West some day!

Hey i would love to come out that way some time ! Your time is not bad , anything can happen racing...its not always the fastest car that wins in any class. I dont remember what I qualified with in 2016 before the rain hit but the track was greasy as hell...
I made 1 quarter mile pass that year peddling it the the whole way and went 11.75 @ 130 !!! Still havent made a clean quarter mile pass. my car hasnt run a 6.2 since 2015 ...best I could do in NC was 6.48 @ 108 and it wasnt enough to go more than 1 round. Are you making Bowling Green this year ?

Bryan

Hey i would love to come out that way some time ! Your time is not bad , anything can happen racing...its not always the fastest car that wins in any class. I dont remember what I qualified with in 2016 before the rain hit but the track was greasy as hell...
I made 1 quarter mile pass that year peddling it the the whole way and went 11.75 @ 130 !!! Still havent made a clean quarter mile pass. my car hasnt run a 6.2 since 2015 ...best I could do in NC was 6.48 @ 108 and it wasnt enough to go more than 1 round. Are you making Bowling Green this year ?

Bryan

Currently putting a new combo together for the car. That's going along slower than I would like, but I'll get there. I just don't know when.