Buick GS Nationals 2013

HighPSI

Staff member
This year looks to have the largest TSO class ever. I have counted around 18 cars on the property, so far.
I see at least 5 cars with 7 second potential.
Gary Harmon ran an 8.04 on E85 with his very first full pass on a new combination. Tony Gomes, Dave Fiscus, on Don Cruz have all made very strong partial pases. I look for 3 cars qualified in the 7's

More updates to follow

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

2014 ? Man I knew I slept in but wow I must have really been out last night.
Count me in ! I will be there in the morning. I have very strong nine second potential . o_O
Brad T. Combine mechanic , sometimes I even drive it .

Congrats to Don Cruz ran another 180mph pass @ 8.20 still working on the et..

Yeah. It's been along day, I posted 2014.:eek:
We ended up having 13 cars make it to the tech session. I am expecting a couple more tomorrow.
We had two rounds of qualifying. Dave Fiscus went #1 with a 7.92 (the new TSO ET record! ), Gary Harmon #2 with an 8.04 on E85, Tony Gomes 8.200, Don Cruz 8.20x @180+! ! (The new mph record!), Jimmy Morrison ran 8.28 with an 82mm turbo, and Billy T went an 8.49 with a 76mm turbo.
Final round of qualifying is in the morning then we jump into eliminations. More updates to follow

Did Manny and Humphries show up? What a awesome class!!! Keep up the good work boys.

Manny didn't make it. Todd had a spectacular wheelie and spit out a head gasket on #1 qualifier at around 1000'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

As you probably already know, we were rained out this year. We will take the sponsorship money and roll it over into next year's payout. For those that don't know, I am trying to get a 16 car field. To encourage participation, everyone who makes the field gets paid even if they go out first round. This year the payouts were supposed to be:

Qualify & go out 1st round: $50 FAST gift certificate
Quarterfinal loser: $100 FAST certificate and $25 cash
Semifinal loser: $50 FAST certificate and $200 cash
Runner up: $100 FAST certificate and $600 cash
Winner: $100 FAST certificate and $1300 cash
Low ET for event $100 cash

Hopefully next year is at least double with more cash brought in. Thanks to all our sponsors!

Cal the TSO field was a personal favorite of mine just walking the lanes this year .What a great turn out !!!

Thanks Bob. We actually would have had a fifteen car field with Saturday's round of qualifying. Brad Tennyson showed up with his mid 8 second ride, Tim Szabo was there and had already ran an 8.24 testing, and Dave Leonhart was there with his new DLS TSO bullet.

I haven't gotten the official qualifying times so these might not be 100% accurate, but here's what I think everyone ran.

1- Dave Fiscus 7.92 (New ET Record)
2- Gary Harmon 8.06 (New production style head record?)
3-Tony Gomes 8.200
4- Don Cruz 8.208@180+ (New mph record)
5- Jimmy Morrison 8.28 (82mm turbo 400# heavy)
6- Billy T 8.48 (76mm turbo)
7- Todd Humphrey 8.53 (letting off just past half track)
8- George Thompson 8.88 (lifting)
9- Wayne Haydock's friend 9.14 (sorry I forgot your name :oops: )
10- Paul Dubois 9.46
11- Jason Cramer 9.51
12- Willard Brown 10.17 (not qualified)
13-Tim Szabo (not qualified)
14- Brad Tennyson (not qualified)
15- Dave Leonhart (not qualified)

I'm sure I'll be notified if the above isn't correct

As you probably already know, we were rained out this year. We will take the sponsorship money and roll it over into next year's payout.....
Hopefully next year is at least double with more cash brought in. Thanks to all our sponsors!

Thanks Bob. We actually would have had a fifteen car field with Saturday's round of qualifying. Brad Tennyson showed up with his mid 8 second ride, Tim Szabo was there and had already ran an 8.24 testing, and Dave Leonhart was there with his new DLS TSO bullet.

I haven't gotten the official qualifying times so these might not be 100% accurate, but here's what I think everyone ran.

1- Dave Fiscus 7.92 (New ET Record)
2- Gary Harmon 8.06 (New production style head record?)
3-Tony Gomes 8.200
4- Don Cruz 8.208@180+ (New mph record)
5- Jimmy Morrison 8.28 (82mm turbo 400# heavy)
6- Billy T 8.48 (76mm turbo)
7- Todd Humphrey 8.53 (letting off just past half track)
8- George Thompson 8.88 (lifting)
9- Wayne Haydock's friend 9.14 (sorry I forgot your name :oops: )
10- Paul Dubois 9.46
11- Jason Cramer 9.51
12- Willard Brown 10.17 (not qualified)
13-Tim Szabo (not qualified)
14- Brad Tennyson (not qualified)
15- Dave Leonhart (not qualified)

I'm sure I'll be notified if the above isn't correct

Sorry, I should have known that Chad. I spoke with Wayne today and he reminded me.