Buick Nats In Bowling Green, A Month Away!!!!!

Red Regal T

GETTING CLOSE TO THAT TIME OF THE YEAR. I'M LEAVING WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, SO WON'T MAKE THE SHOW 'TILL THURSDAY. I'LL HAVE A VENDOR SPOT AND WILL HAVE MY CAR PARKED THERE SO STOP BY AND SAY HELLO. NOT SURE IF I'M BRINGING MUCH OF ANYTHING TO SELL. JUST WANT TO MINGLE WITH MY BUICK FRIENDS. HOPE TO SEE A LOT OF YOU THERE. ;)

We will see you up there John. We are leaving on sunday morning of the 11th. I am still working on my tranny. Decided to just rebuild it. See you soon.
Tom

John if you bring a couple of those vacuum brake set ups, bet you'll sell 'em. ***HINT HINT HINT***:D

I'll be there ....A Doug wanna get drunk so I can get one of those mint Gn's you have @ a drunk man price....:eek: :D

Oh Jesse, I know you just wanna get me drunk so you can take advantage of me.....ya big silly! :p ;)

Can somebody post a link to the information? I'm not sure if GSCA fixed their website from last year so that you can actually view it without a secret handshake and password. ;)

The GSCA website is completely up to date with all the details you need to know about the Nationals...including hotel phone numbers. You can also take part in their bulletin board without being a "card carrying member" :D

Click here for the GSCA Website

I noted on the website that the car show is on Friday....Does that mean we can't park our cars in the show field before or after that? It hardly seems worth it to drive 12 hours with a show car only to be able to show it off for one day.....anybody know? As I recall from last year, you could show your car on other days too.

Scott, do you know? Thanks for the info, man! :D

Friday is, and has always been, the "Car Show Day" where cars are judged and awards are handed out. However, at the GS Nationals your car is "on display" everyday.:D You can park it in the field everyday except Friday (until after 2:00)...however, you will be mixed in with all the vendors and their tents.

Oh, it is DEFINITELY worth it!

Can't wait to get there. Hope (and pray) for good weather. I have not attended since 1993 (went every year from 1988 - 1993 in my 65 GS .

Aside from always having a great time, I also remember some major rain days, followed by choking humidity.
My old nailhead didn't do well on the hot days and I know the TB's like it even less. Oh well - whatever it is, I am sure we will have a great time.

I hope to be there by Wednesday afternoon (leaving Philly Tuesday night). Does anyone know what time we have to arrive on race day, in order to participate (pick up the tickests) for Wednesday. ??:p

Also - I thought Saturday was car show day.. Can we still race during the show on Friday ??

Nats

My shoes are still wet from last years car show.And BTW is there going to be a get together this year at TOOTS so far havent heard anything about it . I know every time we have it they have the Turbo tech session? But some where else. BTW there was a post on the GSCA website from John Chamberlin that GMHTP, Car Craft, and another magazine will be there so here's a chance for some coverage on our cars. Just a shame that I don't have a vehicle that can carry two car's. Hope to see everybody there .:D

Steve

Toots.......great place. I like those crowded, noisy, smoke filled rooms for meeting people I've never met. :confused:

There is no official GSCA-sponsored Turbo Tech (in the same format as in prior years) this year. Dennis Kirban is putting on something on Thursday night at 7:30. There is a GS and GN Resoration seminar Wednesday at 7:30. both are at the Travelodge. Plus I,m doing a Drag Racing 101 seminar at the Track starting line Wednesday morning.

I just checked the GSCA Website and two new items have been added:

• 100th year Anniversary Social by Buick Motor Division, Wednesday at 6:00pm and
  • V6 Engines by Grooms, Wednesday 7:30pm - 9:30pm