bullet proof 10 second tranny( what do I need)

Your definetly right not a "better" transmission,but ultimatley if they are both calibrated correctly a "stronger" transmission it will be with all the billet parts.
I have personally broken the carrier,ring gear,and multiple forward drums but have still never seen a broken input shaft to date.

Good point Otto. I have seen one broken input in 14 years. Car was clicking off 9.50s with a multi disk locking the hammer @ WOT. Calibration is everything. Billet parts aren't worth the material they are made of unless you can keep the trans together. That was the whole point in the first place. Its a great marketing scheme to install the extra billet parts. Hell they are free.

Calibration on a 10sec car is not the same as one running 9.50s. But no billet part will assure that you have a 9 sec 200 or even a 10 or 11 sec one just because they have been installed. Only time will tell that story. So I revert back to prove it.

Being in the market for a 200 this spring I find this "Billet Parts" thing interesting. I understand the build needs to be done right, and different builder use different tricks of the trade. If one is looking for a bulletproof trans wouldn't the weight, converter, mileage and amount of racing be key in picking a proper build?

Like me, I'm sure my car tips the scales at 3800lbs+ with me in it. Nothing light weight on it. Add in two 15" subs, 3 amps 2 batteries and the heavy steel bumper reinforcements. I plan to use the most popular Non Lock being sold now, launching off a brake to 60 in the 1.40s, racing it at least twice a week for 7 months, and driving it 4 to 5 days a week to work(30miles round trip). Now that is where you'd need a bulletproof trans. Im honest on the fact that I have given my 400 hell but want my OD back without the GV unit. If i paid 2 grand(all billet) and it broke in less than a year I'd be pissed. If I paid 3 grand and it broke, I'd still be pissed. Reason being, the car is down and the labor is all done by me. I feel sorry for the builders because so many guys downplay the abuse the car will see to save on the cost of the trans. Then they post all the negative remarks in the parts and builder.

I respect the guys I've approcahed and said "I cant do it!" I have been contacting a few TR od guys and just don't know what their definition of "Bulletproof" is.