bullet proof 10 second tranny( what do I need)

evil666

I would like to rebuild my tranny, but would like some advice on what parts I need to make my tranny a bulllet proof mid to low 10s. I am not a weekend racer, go to the track maybe 2 to 3 times a year and drive the car on the street.

Thanks,Marco

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts.

CK STAGE 2 FULL BILLET TRANS 1999.00 SHIPPED.IN CAR TESTED.BILLET DRUM,BILLET RING GEAR,BILLET CARRIER,BILLET SERVO,BILLET INPUT SHAFT,BILLET BAND ANCHOR PIN .ALTO wide band..555 boost valve,STAGE RIGHT TRANSBRAKE add 39.00.

CK STAGE 2 FULL BILLET TRANS 1999.00 SHIPPED.IN CAR TESTED.BILLET DRUM,BILLET RING GEAR,BILLET CARRIER,BILLET SERVO,BILLET INPUT SHAFT,BILLET BAND ANCHOR PIN .ALTO wide band..555 boost valve,STAGE RIGHT TRANSBRAKE add 39.00.

This is a KILLER deal!!!!!
You trying to run me out of business Chris?? :D

Is this full roller?? How many clutches installed

FULL ROLLER.6 DIRECTS 3 OVERDRIVE.The CNC machines run every day making billet parts.

Chris,

I bought all of my billet parts from you last year and wanted to know how much it would be to get a transbrake for the car?
Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread!!!

I would go with CK.

We use them exclusively at our shop, never had a problem and the customer service is great! We have tried alot of other vendors trannys and none in my opinion come close to the quality and performance of a CK.

Maybe I misunderstood..but it looks like he's looking for advise and a parts list, not a builder for his trans:confused:

Parts needed.Billet forward drum,billet input shaft,billet carrier billet ring gear large servo shift recalibration kit,repair manual.These items are needed for reliability,.Some claim they arent necessary,but all have broken in stock vehicles or caused failures if sevo or recalibration kit wasnt installed.The 4 billet internal parts will leave you with a no forward no reverse condition if they brake.Why would anyone take a chance with a car equipped with an overdrive trans that can be driven anywhere is not comprehensible.The parts are needed and no one can say I havent made them affordable.Dont price chop on a billet trans verses non billet in a 10 second car.I have also made the whole trans package for every racers budget,in car testing on every unit that leaves here and calibrations that keep them alive.

Chris, so that tranny for 1999.00 is the same stage 2 in your web site? And stage right transbrake for a extra 39.00?

Man I wish I had 2k right now.. That's a great deal, thought the 39.00 was a typo! For the transbrake. Now I'm gonna beg my girl for some money. Lol