You can type here any text you want

Bumper re-chroming

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

Who re-chromes bumpers that are reputable? And whats the going price for each one provided they are in good shape (no heavy rust, dents, pitting) Thanks alot.

chroming

had a set done they look better then oem . payed 450.00 each :eek: done by keystone in elkart indana.

$275.00 was what i paid for the front to be rechromed and it looks perfect
done locally by Classic Chrome in Clearwater....
my 2 cents

chrome $$$

:eek: $$$ Chrome has gone up alot recently. It's the Chineese excuse...:mad:
A shop I used in '96 to do my '71 skylark bumpers charged $250 each then. Now they want $450 each for the same thing. :eek: $$$
:D I would try bumper boyz. http://www.bumperboyz.com/ :D

275 isnt to bad i guess. but damn as much as prices are going up i need a raise.

Called bumper boyz. They want $280 for the front and $290 for the rear. THey also want an exchange at that price. I like having everything ALL original on my car. Even the bumpers. What would you all do? Is it that big a deal to have different bumpers? They are still OEM. :rolleyes: Still looking for Ideas preferably on the east coast pr in NY or LI

Remember that one of the steps in chroming is a coat of copper and copper ain't cheap any more.

Called bumper boyz.

Watch out with these guys. You'd have to do some searching but just about every board, on just about every car or club out there has a thread or two about being screwed by this outfit. I know there are a couple of GS455 and Riviera owners who have had problems with them.

$450 sounds like a bargain IMO. Have you priced out a chrome step bumper for any truck built in the last 30 years? Most of them retail for more than $500.

bumperz

I know several people who were very happy with them. I also know of one who was not. They do go to several big shows over the nation. It is easy to get the bumpers to on of those swap meets. Look em over if not satisfied, walk away. (example:Englishtown, NJ Sept 28-30)

Watch out with these guys. You'd have to do some searching but just about every board, on just about every car or club out there has a thread or two about being screwed by this outfit. I know there are a couple of GS455 and Riviera owners who have had problems with them.

$450 sounds like a bargain IMO. Have you priced out a chrome step bumper for any truck built in the last 30 years? Most of them retail for more than $500.

hummmmmm. I dont like bad reviews. Everythings a damn problem isnt it.

Take the "bad reviews" on B, Boyz as the truth.. FAR too many problems w/ $hitty work, on tri 5 cars, to use them again.
Alot of the Mopar guys use Tri City Chrome in TN, and have good reviews on the work. Tricityplating.com - Show quality triple chrome plating with a Lifetime Warranty on all bumpers.
I use Advance Plating, in Nashville, Tn, for my stuff. NOT cheap, but done right. [been going to them for over 20 yrs]
Advanced Plating. Chrome Plating and Powder Coating

HTH,

Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!:D

If there's no rust on them try polishing them with some eagle 1 wheel polish. got it at advanced for like 7 bucks. Did all the chrome on my limited and sweat my ass off. Looks sweet now though! If you need bumpers I'll have a parts car here soon. I'll have no use for them so you'll get a good deal on them:smile:

The rear doesn't but the front does. Its a shame since the rear is almost flawless except for the driver side corner was brushed up against something and the chrome was pealed off. What are you looking to get for the bumpers? Are they nice chrome or will they need re-chroming? Thanks.

I'm thinking 75 each if they are perfect with nice bump strips and bumperettes. If the bumpers are nice and bumpstrip isn't I'll let them go for 50 each. If these bumpers aren't nice up to my standards after I clean them and polish them by hand I'll let you know. I'm not going to take the time to pull and sell stuff that isn't good. Don't see the point. I am in need of a good rear black bumper with good bumperettes and a front aluminum bumper support and a few ofther parts if you would like to trade. Just a thought. I'll have the car here in a week. Gotta find someone to bring it here that has a winch.

Back