You can type here any text you want

Buyer Beware 1987 Turbo T on Ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joemac

This car (VIN 1G4GJ1175HP440761) is highly misrepresented as a rare maroon WE4 with 35k miles.

All WE4's were black with gray interior.

Interior pictures indicate wear well in excess of 35k miles.

Indiana DMV indicates registration changes at:

03/11/1988 12,000 Indiana
10/14/1988 25,000 Indiana
09/09/1992 49,761 Indiana
04/06/1996 98,521 Indiana
05/19/1997 Indiana
06/17/1997 116,730 Indiana
08/25/1998 28,769 Indiana

So it's highly likely this car has 235k miles. Last DMV record in 1998 would likely indicate 128,769 miles. In the 11 years since, what are the chances this car has had only 6818 miles or 106818 additional miles? Using the previous 10 years as an indicator, it's highly likely this car has 235k miles but is being represented as 35k mile car.

Sent seller requests for pictures of the RPO sticker on the truck lid and pictures of the undercarriage no response.

Buyers do you homework on this one as it appears extremely fraudulent.

Buick : Grand National:eBay Motors (item 120450069433 end time Jul-26-09 19:57:52 PDT)

Maybe cause he doesn't know any better or maybe he is just stupid. I'm sure some moroon will buy it as a WE4...:rolleyes: People are stupid. They can be convinced of just about anything.

Yes I reported it to Ebay through chat and the "report" button on the listing page. Who knows if they will do anything about it. Really hope the bidders don't get taken on this one.

I wouldn't trust anyone that has "Thanks and God bless" twice in the add :eek: Obviously a moron wrote the add that knows nothing about Buicks.. This is like any used car "Buyer Beware" !! Oh IF they don't do their homework checkin the car out ...wellll so sad to bad :p

Yes I reported it to Ebay through chat and the "report" button on the listing page. Who knows if they will do anything about it. Really hope the bidders don't get taken on this one.

Don't bother reporting an item on Ebay. I can't tell you how many times i've reported (stolen) Civil War grave markers and they NEVER responded (except the automated message) and the auctions were never ended. It pretty much is a joke. When it comes to anything on Ebay, it's always 'buyer beware'!!!

i just pounded the seller with a email we all need to do that and tell him we are getting listing removed if he doesnt come clean on the Add

I called, left a I'm interested in the car voice mail. I asked to see if he could add any clarity to the mileage discrepancy and more detail on the maroon and rare WE4 package.

Any wagers if I get a call back?

here is his reply to me

Flag this messageRe: You've received a question about your eBay item, Buick : Grand NationalSaturday, July 25, 2009 4:46 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"PENNY & DAN LEFFLER" <dpleffler@sbcglobal.net>Add sender to ContactsTo:

bobbybuick@sbcglobal.net

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- On Sat, 7/25/09, eBay Member: bobbybuick <member@ebay.com> wrote:

Subject: You've received a question about your eBay item, Buick : Grand National
To: dpleffler@sbcglobal.net
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 8:04 PM

eBay sent this message to Daniel Leffler (dpleffler).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

This member has a question for you.

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear dpleffler,

NO WE4s were red NO WE4s have brown interior.This is Not a WE4.This car had 116 K miles on it in 1997.Post it right or Im getting listing removed!

- bobbybuick Answer the question

Buick : Grand National
Item Id: 120450069433
End time: Jul-26-09 19:57:52 PDT
Buyer:
bobbybuick (464)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Dec-18-99 in United States

What a schmuck! He posts a car with aftermarket wheels and then states the winning bidder can purchase them for $1500. Wow, what a complete tool!

Here is his response when I asked about why he has it listed as a WE4.....lol

Dear sgt998,

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- dpleffler[/FONT]

I politely asked him not to tell me to "SHUT UP!!!!!" either lol:biggrin:

And it's Maroon with a tan/brown interior what an ugly color combo. If he gets his reserve i want 12k for my GN that my wife fubar'd the lf door:rolleyes: and mine has 115k on it

And it's Maroon with a tan/brown interior what an ugly color combo. If he gets his reserve i want 12k for my GN that my wife fubar'd the lf door:rolleyes: and mine has 115k on it

I love it. Its different...

I sent him an email. I put together something that might bait him to keep perpetrating the fraud he's got going. I'm going to see what comes of it.

I notice he sold a 1969 Olds 442 with 68k original miles. After looking at the pictures of that car, hard very for me to accept that car only had a real 68k on it.

This particular 87 Turbo T (non-WE4) car has previously been listed on Craig's List as well.

Looking through his history he sure sells a lot of cars for friends.

I love it. Its different...

I will never own a tan gut vechicle again. The Chestnut T Sean had at Hubers MAGNA bbq last year was beautiful with the tan interior but it has to be a b@tch to keep clean

Back