You can type here any text you want

Buyer beware Weld RTS wheels! Cost cutting?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looks like the pad height is different. They are available in low, med or high pad for bigger brakes.

Adam

The tire was mounted wrong also, the yellow dot is supposed to be lined up with the valve stem.

And perhaps if the pad height is taller the wheel has to be slightly thicker due to increased stress of being spaced out further...Im no engineer tho i could be completely wrong o_O

Looks like the pad height is different. They are available in low, med or high pad for bigger brakes.

Adam
Adam your right when i order mine they ask me if i had rear disc brakes cause they have 3 different pad height call summit if your not sure

I just bought 6 Weld RT-S's last fall through Cotton's Performance (2- 15''x7''s and 4- 15''x10''s) in black finish and couldn't be happier with them. By comparing with your pictures, it seems that I got the thick flanges. Although I've never seen the polished ones in ''person'', could it be that they have thinner flange than the black ones??

Claude. :)

Picture027-1.jpgPicture028-2.jpgPicture029-1.jpgPicture030-1.jpgPicture026-3.jpg

Claude, I completely agree that the wheels are beautiful, except for the one that doesn't belong. At this point I can't tell you if it is a polished only thing. I have yet to get a clear answer on why I received the older design a month after the new one. It seems that everyone keeps avoiding that one question, no matter how many times I ask it. In my opinion, they have dumped their old stock on me. I'm sure 99.9% of car guys wouldn't be caught dead with two different wheels on the back of their car. Especially if the wheels can be told apart by the naked eye.
Well I just hope that you'll be able to have the one different wheel replaced with one that'll match the three others...Even if they seem to evade that question, keep insisting that you have three wheels of one kind and one different one and that at the price you paid, it would just be logical that you got four matching wheels!!

Good luck in setteling that issue...
Claude. ;)

Time for a "line in the sand"....Issue an ultimatum to all involved. Then, file a CC dispute and let them hash it out.

My honest guess of the mistake would be this...
The thinner center section was probably a program number different then the thicker. I would bet if you bought the same wheel for a "race only spindle mount"...you would get the thinner section width. The bolt pattern type wheels that are Street/Strip will be thicker.
On the run...someone miscounted the rim blanks or one was junked and never made. The next rim fixtured up was a blank with a lug pattern instead of a spindle mount, but cut as a spindle mount.
You probably got a 1of 1 rim. It's only the front rim correct? I only briefly skimmed your post.

Simple solution is IF you put it on a credit card, refuse to pay for it, tell them the issue (an OBVIOUS PROBLEM) and the card company will resolve it with the manuf.

Like Chuck mentioned above.
You claim product not as described.
Explain the situation in detail and suggest they either replace three wheels or the single wheel so they all match.
Have detailed pictures with arrows pointing to the difference in the wheels.
You should be all set. It'll take a while but you should be good.
Don't wait too long to file!

D

yes call the card NOW !!! Do not let it drag out !! Should not be a problem for you at all !!

Back