Buying first gun, need recommendations.

don't buy this one

Attachments

• backwardgImage1.jpg
    backwardgImage1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 160
thanks Charlie. I had ordered some performance parts for a carbed turbo Buick, and for some reason that came instead:confused:

and I'm gonna go wayyyyy out on a limb here.... and assume your single:biggrin:

Just so you know I have a CAR15 beside my bed, a 9mm under my pillow, a .380 on the top of my dressor, and a 12 gauge beside the front door. My neighbor was attacked a couple of years ago and the only reason he's still with us a a neighbor saw something funny. Needless to say, the bad "guy" didn't get away that day.:biggrin:

and I'm gonna go wayyyyy out on a limb here.... and assume your single:biggrin:

LOL I have 2 b!tches in my life right now and that's enough for me.:biggrin: Besides, I like busting your chops.:smile:

LOL I have 2 b!tches in my life right now and that's enough for me.:biggrin: Besides, I like busting your chops.:smile:

Female sheep are called "ewe's" Charlie not Bitches.......

You can take the boy out of the country but ya can't take the country out of the boy........:biggrin:

Female sheep are called "ewe's" Charlie not Bitches.......

You can take the boy out of the country but ya can't take the country out of the boy........:biggrin:

hey now, that's Ty not me Ronnie.:biggrin:

To each his own. But for personal carry I would recommend something very small or you won’t be caring it very often. The first gun I bought for carry although small was uncomfortable so I bought another. While it’s small in size it’s also small in caliber. However it fits in my back pocket wallet holster and no one will ever know it’s there including you weighing in at little over 9 ounces. Besides if someone attacks you it’s almost always for your wallet. Go ahead and reach back and get it for them. Ruger LCP .380.

Attachments

• 380.jpg
    380.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 148
Wow, that's tiny. Doesn't it want to jump outta your hand when you fire it? Can you shoot a pic of your hand on the grip to get an idea? I like the size and stealth but those little guns always feel "jumpy" to me.

If your a homeowner looking for a gun to hide under the bed for protection, Then you need a Point and Pull Gun. Any 12g shot gun will do the trick. Now on the other hand if you are a trained SS agent then a 22mag is the gun of choice. They are looking for a spot in the head only a guy that shoots every day could hit.. So My point is,,, get what fits your needs.. Look at that jack wadd at the school board meeting in florida that missed 12+ times...(I dont even think a shot gun would have helped that sorry ass..).. The fact is, In the heat of the moment even a trained marksman can be off his target. Get a shot gun and use a Slugg...;)

Wow, that's tiny. Doesn't it want to jump outta your hand when you fire it? Can you shoot a pic of your hand on the grip to get an idea? I like the size and stealth but those little guns always feel "jumpy" to me.

It's actually not that bad. But then again its not a gun that you would go to the range and shoot the snot out of. It's a carry gun and nothing more. My Kel tec pf9 jumps way worse. Here is another picture. Two fingers hold it. Next time your at a gun shop pick one up and hold it. Again I got it for carry and I carry it everywhere because it is so small I forget I even have it.

Attachments

• 380.1.jpg
    380.1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 116
It's actually not that bad. But then again its not a gun that you would go to the range and shoot the snot out of. It's a carry gun and nothing more. My Kel tec pf9 jumps way worse. Here is another picture. Two fingers hold it. Next time your at a gun shop pick one up and hold it. Again I got it for carry and I carry it everywhere because it is so small I forget I even have it.

Better be a good shot....:eek::D

I really like the small size. Problem with forgetting is one I encountered years ago with a small "belly gun". Always carried and often forgot. Had to go to court to pay a traffic ticket. Got to the metal detectors and reached in my pocket and "remembered" that I had forgotten something in the car... Could have been ugly. I stopped carrying that piece after that incident.

Still I like the size of that gun, I'd like to see what kind of kick it packs. Looks like it would fly outta my hand.:eek:

I carry a Kel-Tec P 3AT that is very similar to the Ruger. I purchased the extended magazine for a little added length. Even though it adds only one round it helps alot with grip.

Bryan