Canadian Frustration

BadAssGN

Certifiable Member
Last October I decided I'd like to buy some pistols are start target shooting.
I've been shooting Rifles for years.
The funny thing about living in Canada is we have rather strict Gun control
I had to take a Government gun safety course, we have a Non-restricted (Long guns) and Restricted
(Pistols and some Rifles) designations.
The Non-restricted is pretty easy to get, a 1 day course, and a criminal background check
The restricted is a bit tougher, its another 1 day course on top of the first one and a phone interview
with the Federal Police for the applicant and 2 required references.
Once you jump through all these hoops, (almost 2 months after I finished the required training)
I have my restricted Firearms licence. Awesome right?? sorta
I Bought my First pistol in February. bought another in May, Still can't shoot them though,
In Canada, you can only shoot a restricted firearm at a CFO (Chief Firearms Officer) approved Range.
Shooting sports in Canada is growing at a rapid rate, so much that all the shooting clubs are experiencing
Long waiting lists.
I finally find and Join a Club, Awesome, I can shoot now right?????!! Wrong. The Government requires The Club observe me shooting for 12 separate days, The club does the probationary shoots once a week, so with
my work schedule it turned into 24 weeks.
All done, can I shoot my own guns now? Nope The government requires you do another safety session and exam with the club.
I waited a month for this and all done now. Can I shoot my own guns? Not a chance.
The government trusts me to own Pistols and store them, but a Permission slip is needed to take them in my car.
We have an Authorization to transport that I require to bring my guns to the club to put holes in paper.
I've been waiting on this piece of paper for 2 months so after jumping through all these hoops its going to be
close to a year from deciding to get into pistol shooting to actually shooting my own guns.

The Moral of this story is, Don't Lay down and take it up the AZZ with all the proposed gun control in America.

Canadians Got severely screwed after a Mass Shooting in the 1990s ,the government has focused on Guns
instead of Criminals. The only ones who follow our asinine Gun Laws are Law abiding citizens.

I can go into detail on the rest of our laws if you guys are not Familiar.

I bet you still see news stories about someone getting shot....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

thanks for the info. i thought it was bad in connecticut. we had the school shooting here and they changed all the laws here and i thought we had it bad

Most police services in Canada will not allowed police officers to carry off duty unless their is a confirmed legitimate threat on the cops life and written permission from management. The Criminal Code allows it but policies very from Police Service to Police Service and most will not allow officers to carry off duty.

Most police services in Canada will not allowed police officers to carry off duty unless their is a confirmed legitimate threat on the cops life and written permission from management. The Criminal Code allows it but policies very from Police Service to Police Service and most will not allow officers to carry off duty.
We have the provisions written into Canadian law that would allow civilians to carry pistols. the RCMP will not issue such permits....

Sucks to be yall. No such problems in Louisiana. Carry anywhere we want.

Bottom Line--- When guns are outlawed, only outlaws (criminals) will be carrying them

Regen - How do you explain the very low gun murder rate in Canada compared to the U.S. if only criminals carry guns in Canada?