BY THE NUMBERS

Dennis Kirban

This weekend the latest installment of Fast & Furious hits the theaters....Each one seems to push the envelope further to the outrageous than the previous one and takes in more money which in turn attracts more big names to join the the production.

It is reported 700 vehicles was used in this latest edition of which 100 survived. That is a high number. Not sure how many Chargers died over the Dukes of Hazard series...

I think the sleeper movie may be the one coming later this summer called Baby Driver. The trailer for this movie is really cool and more believable. Check it out. Didn't take long for another producer/director to take notice what makes money.......fast cars.......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The big news in our world was the discovery of the twin GNs being found in Oklahoma....untouched in 30 years which is amazing since tornadoes seem to hit that region almost weekly. According to my local Buick dealer it would not have been easy to get sequential VIN numbers which these two GNs have. Today that would be next to impossible unless you had some pretty high connections with GM.

In the Ford world discovered in Mexico was one of the original Mustang Bullet movie cars....which in its day was one of the top orchastrated chase scenes at the time.

That Mustang with once restored with the documentation will fetch huge money in the Ford world.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

WHY the need to destroy classic cars?

The F&F plots can easily be fulfilled with any import car. I actually watched the first one in a theater. It was so full of BS that I couldn't tolerate watching another.

Ridiculous!

Click on the " Click to expand " at the bottom of the box , for the wheelie.

This weekend the latest installment of Fast & Furious hits the theaters....Each one seems to push the envelope further to the outrageous than the previous one and takes in more money which in turn attracts more big names to join the the production.

Man! That Dom really knows how to make a car HOOK too.
I know ,You probably thought he was awesome when he got his 4600 pound Blown Big Block charger with probably a 60/40 front to rear weight distribution and ultra long wheel base ,to rip an incredible wheelie while SIMULTANEOUSLY doing a massive smoke show,but that was childs play for Dom, He has now reached a new level of automotive excellence with his new " ICE CHARGER " That rips even better wheelies ON ICE while doing about 100-150 mph or so. He is good (y)

Last edited:
Dennis, I believe around 300 general lee's were destroyed.

Last edited:
At the 300 count for Dukes of Hazard that was over the entire series probably. Most where probably the regular Chargers. No great loss unless your a Ford fan would be the Torinos from Stasky and Hutch.....

The one used in the Clint Eastwood movie few years back would be worth a few bucks...That appeared to be a nicely restored example.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes, that was over the 7 year span. The last couple years saw them going to cheesy model cars which looked awful but I'm sure saved some cars.