You can type here any text you want

C5 Kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This isn't a real big deal...but yesturday on the way back from a car show...I cam up on a stop light that turns into the 55FW...a good clear 3 lanes for a couple of miles with very little traffic. I was already thinking of going for a good launch just for the heck of it...and low and behold a guy in a 00 C5 Auto comes pulling up in the middle lane next to me. He is a half in front at the cross walk lines and I can see him scoping my TTA in his side mirror (probably looking at the Pace Car Stickers). Light turns green and we both roll to a slow start around 5-7mph when I hear him slam the peddle down and the LS-1 rev...since I wanted to GO before he appeared..I was ready and almost instantly responded by flooring the throttle. I instantly pulled 2 car lengths on him in a matter of 2 sec and had him in my rear view all the way when he decided to let up at 70mph. I was doing 100 before I let up and he disappeared in my rear view. :cool:

My buddy in his 70 W-30 (3:90 rear) also noticed that C5 people tend to give up early when they see you pass them by. Possibly they didn't expect (or were ready) for what appeared to be a 3rd gen pass them...let alone my buddies old time iron 442 (510 ft/lbs). This was officially my first C-5 since purchasing the TTA 2 months ago.

Good job. He probably knew what you had, because if he would have thought you had a 350 he would have tried to catch you on top end. He was saving face:p

Back