Caddilac/Zepplin ads

Originally posted by 6765russ
I WHAT ARE YOU THINKING WHEN IT COMES TO ZEP? I see kids at my HIGH SCHOOL

I ain't in high school anymore JR!

Anyway the culture difference is a tad different from the mid west to the coasts.

I still don't get it. Because I listened to Zep in 73 to 78.
And now I never really here ZEP on any classic radio station anymore.

I am suppose to go out & crave a caddy because they blast it in the tv ad?:rolleyes: If i remember correctly one of the early adds had a dude COMMUTING in a subway dreaming about a caddy?
Kinda stupid if you ask me. But then again all tv ads are stupid that is why they inveted the clicker.

I have a BIG BRIDGE for sale.. Maybe I should play some Pink Floyd MONEY song :D

I wonder what song they will use to lure the 80's crowd when they turn 40 & 50.

I think I'm turning Japanese, turning Japanese, I really think so....

Man I could sell a ton of Lexius's wit dat one. :eek:

:D

I bought my '01 STS BRAND NEW @ AGE 29, i'm 31 now.

The ZEP song rules and is GREAT for the image of Caddy.
OOOH YEAH, OOOH YEAH!!! :cool:

I enjoy my car and listen to the ZEP song daily on CD while out and about.

I have a friend in his early 40's and another in his early 50's BOTH have a STS.

They are fun cars and run good for what they are but MOST of us will never buy another due to the quality and NO-RESALE VALUE.

I'm sure the song brings back memories for many people including my early 40's friend but hey, you can make new memories also. Matter of fact a Caddy comercial & song was just on court TV.I like it, and give it a BIG thumbs-up!:cool:

According to the Caddy magazine I get free VISION (a mag mailed to Caddy owners that purchased their cars new) the new CTS-V has 400hp and runs 163 MPH top-end.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Teens and 20 somethings aren't listening to Led Zep anymore. .

Take that back man.

I am 21 and Zepplin has to be one of my favorite bands up there with pink floyd and the who. In fact most of my friends love older rock as new music sucks!

Well the guy next door has a sts caddy that he uses as a company car as a district manager.

I asked him if he likes it. He is young 30's
He siad he would never buy one but since the company offered a snazzy car as part of the job he could not turn it down. :eek:

About todays MUSIC for all you young people. I can see why you like the older stuff. THAT HIP HOP **** SUKS. :mad:

They play that hood music when I watch the spike TV show with some BRO who shows cars that people own or customize.:rolleyes:

caddys rule my wife has the cts i have the 2000 deville dhs as well as my we4 the nosthstar engine is in aclass of its own ths cts is ok imo i woundnt trade the deville for nothing except a2004 dhs im sure its been a long time since you rocked and rolled you probaly still rattle and roll do you listen to zepplin on a cassette also you cant compare a 87 buick to a new caddy for daily driving

The actual music for the add campagne was suppose to be from the Doors - "Break on through to the other side". The remaining Doors members backed out at the last minute saying they did not want their music commercialized. This is why you would see the slogan "Break on though" at the end of their commercials.

Just some info for ya............Ken

I am 21 and Zepplin has to be one of my favorite bands up there with pink floyd and the who. In fact most of my friends love older rock as new music sucks!

Its generally speaking. No one said NO teens or 20 somethings aren't listening to it.

CTS-V= Corvette engine with 400 hp and 400 lb/t.........chevy

That ZO6 Motor, ZO6 tranny, Brembo brakes, 14" rotors. Wish it weighed a little less than 3847#'s though. I'll be trading the Vett in for one.

your 21??
how did you manage do get all those cars??
i'd say keep the vette and trade the izuzu in :cool:
got any more pics of your gn??

No..I'm old...32;) . I bought the Vette for the wife so I could build my GN in peace. When I was building the stock block I bought her an 02 WS6, when I was building the Stage block I bought her a Vette. The Isuzu is my work truck (its a box truck) so if I get rid of that, I'd have to get rid of all my cars.:D

Oh, my homepage in my sig has a pic of my engine. Gotta do paint before I get some good pics up.

ohhh
alright i read that post wrong.....Well i'm lovin that stage II engine.....i'll be looking for pics.......your goin to get 1100 hp from that set up!? :eek: nice..........so in other words to keep the wife quiet this time around you have to get the cts-v? love that strategy........if you could PM me cause i'm wondering what you do for a living

I have to get the CTSV cuz the wife is due Jan 1st. I have an 8 yr old now and the wife can't put 2 kids in the Vette.

I own a couple of Bread franchises, ie I deliver Pepperidge Farm bread (east coast bread).

He even looks like the Pilsbury Dough Boy too

Its a known fact that men gain weight too when their wife is pregnant.;) I'll be down to a 180 race weight by spring.:D

CHARLLOOTS

Just want to ask. Why the DHS and not the DTS?. I drive 75 miles a day and have been looking at the Cad's. Thanks

hey 6 banger
the dhs is considered the the ultimate luxary it has massagers in all 4 seats heat all kinds of memory it puts out 275 hp where as the dts is the sporty version with 300 hp and electronic suspension options massages in all 4 seats electric rear seats i cant tell you what a plesure it is to drive a new full size caddyevery day im not to crazy about the cts theres really nothing comfortable about it or the ride (suspension) and the insurance on the dhs is lower then the dts cts and the new srx full coverage on the dhs is cheaper then my buick wich only has liability dhs is considered luxary not sport