You can type here any text you want

caged and sprayed 5.0 gets T-Typed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I'm at autozone buying some washer fluid when a very healthy loud 5.0 hatch pulls in. He buys some mother's wax. As I pour the fluid in, he gets in his car and sits. I pull out of the lot and he follows me to the next light. 2 cars infront of me, 1 in front of him. Light changes, he walks the car sideways through the intersection, I go normally and then pull along side him. He drops a gear and runs some crazy RPMs to get a nose ahead of me. We are just playing around at about 45 MPH. The next light put me and him at the front and right next to each other. I roll the window down, "What's it got?"

stang guy: 308, World heads, B-cam, Bassani exhaust, 4.10s, centerforce clutch, 75hp NX spray, and a 6pt cage.

me: I got a filter, some mufflers, and no posi.

light changes and I haze the tires through most of first and a good part of 2nd, about neck and neck, my Michelins catch and the stang gets an excellent view of black out trim tail lights and an Illinois tag that reads MY QWIK 6.

pissed off, the stang guy rides my bumper for 2 miles and then turns off at Wal-Mart...probably to buy some more Edelbrock stickers for the back window...anyway, it was a good day for a kill.

On pump gas and low boost?

If so that was one sad Mustang, couldnt take a peg leg out of the hole.

A 6pt cage:D

Good kill

not so much pump gas, it was a tank of Amoco 93 with 3 gallons of Turbo Blue 104, but it was the stock boost setting. Granted his lane was a tad wet, but the bottom line is I won and he's pissed :cool:

That's great! I always have to smile when I'm at the track and see blown mustangs on Nos run slower than my 4100lb brick of a Buick. Good kill!:cool:

nice kill, that stange by all rights shoulda destroyed you. he musta been a bad driver or he didnt have what he said. anyways, keep it up!

Originally posted by kjhansen
4100 lbs! I hope that's with driver and luggage.
Keith

That's driver and lots of Audio! My other car weighs less than 3400lb, came from factory with the radio delete. It ran a 12.3 with fuel pump, regulator, and race chip on the original 12 year old wires.

easy on the peg-leg stuff!!! I'm just holding out until spring to put the Eaton posi in place. It all takes money, which I just recently found doesn't grow on that tree in my back yard. I always knew that tree was worthless :rolleyes:

Where do you find these guys??? I get my car out and its like I have the only performance car on the road. What color was it? Theres not too many of the older ones running around, its mostly the new ones. Only one or two of them is truely fast. I seen one guy had his saleen out the other day at arbys. I think its the one with the turbo kit and all that stuff, thats still slower than my car. Mustang guys. When will they learn?

Sam, I saw the black Saleen at Arby's too, it looks good. The blue fox body I found had Indiana plates, so I guess I just got lucky.

Back