Calling fellow hotair owners...what's my car worth?

fireberd350

kahuna_deck.jpeg

I know the demand for hotairs is very low but considering it rarity and excellent condition I would hope it would pull decent numbers.

Before I put it up for sale I'd like to get an idea of what to advertise it for ( i have a number in my head). Any help is appreciated.

Basic Specs:
109k or so
Mods found here: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/f/sfm129/mods.htm
Few pics here: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/f/sfm129/pics.htm

There's gotta be someone out there that wants a nice hotair! It can hold it's own too. First and only time at the track it ran a 14.2@96 w/ 11 lbs boost, no tuning, pump gas, and bald 235's. Not to mention it was my first time ever racing. I feel confident it's a mid-high 13sec car in street trim and a low 13 sec car with some high octane.

Also, I'm an active member in the coolest Buick club in the world, MAGNA - Mid Atlantic GN Assoc. Any of the members can vouch for the condition of the car. Not to mention it's the car used on our club T-shirts
http://www.cafepress.com/magnabuick...0?zoom=yes#zoom
That's gotta count for something right?

Regardless...fire away with your estimates. Don't be afraid to hurt my feeling I want to know what the "experts" really think.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 235
Well, the cars so rough looking.... and it IS only a hot-air, we all know how those are barely even GNs;) , so id say its worth about 200 bucks... but since im in a good mood, ill offer you 500 for it... sound like a deal? :D

Well up here in Canada my Dad's 85 white T-Type apprasied for $14,500, it's in good condition will around 60,000KM. Going to get my 85 GN apprasied soon, should be intersteing to see if there is a difference. Trust me I know apprasiasls don't mean squat but it gives a little something to base price on!!

Just ask what you want and put in the ad that the price is negotiable. If someone doesn't like it they will throw a price at you. Why you selling it? Nick

You're Selling your GN?!?!:eek: Why?

Anyways I find up here where im at, hotair gn/ttypes are selling for good money. Last year I was offered $8,500 cdn dollars for it, and it needs a paint job. They seem to be going for good money these days. And yours is a beauty so u should get good price for it

I'm still not 100% if I will sell it or not. I have a good idea of what it's worth but was just curious what other thought it all. I'm selling b/c my dad's friend is selling a mint 87 and will hopefully cut me a deal.

Why sell? Your setup will blow the doors off a stock 87 GN. I have decided to stay hot air because the performance I want is there. I paid my dues and this website has been a great help, I can actually say that my 85 GN is done as is a Mustang killer. Destroyed a Cobra yesterday.

Your car value will be all over the board and cannot be determined via the internet. I paid 7500 for my stock 85GN two years ago because the interior and body were perfect with no rust at all. The engine was perfect as well but is was a slow pig.

You have to find the right buyer who undertands these cars. Two years I was clueless. Brad

If you do sell it, make sure you sell that beauty to someone who appreciates what it is. Good luck with your decision man, either way you will be alright :D Nick.

I have the lastest issue of the one club publication and they list a mint 85 as being worth anything between 12,000-14,000, not so mint being worth between 7,000-9,000. I know one locally that appraised at 13500.00 and it's beautiful. Just my two cents. It looks great in the photo.

steve...May 21, you drag ur ass and ur GN up to rockaway Nj, so I can kick your ass n, and take your car...You dont deserve it....thinkin you are going to sell it??? What the hell is wrong with you??? Are you up out your mind???? Man...call my sell so I can bitch slap you some sense!!! lol.....

i said the same on ********, and i'll say it here....Take the ins off, take the registration off, park it in a desolate, climate controlled garage, and let the time go by, starting it from time to time, and let the damn thing appreciate!!!

Steve, I keep saying it, but I have a feeling these cars are going to be un the up and up very shortly....You in? Or are you Out?

And selling it for another gn, only IC????? You definately out your mind brutha!!!!

John

Originally posted by BRAD_PADGETT
.............. I can actually say that my 85 GN is done as is a Mustang killer. Destroyed a Cobra yesterday.

Brad,
Can you post your mods?

fireberd350
I am no expert by any means but would think you are very very close to full implementation of your mods. Your mods should support better ET's then listed in your sig and YOU OF ALL PEOPLE KOW IT! I am sure you did the mods becasue you had a specific personal goal in mind for the car. You have something really small that results in your "bad knock" issues (We all had or have them). Almost there my friend. You should have good performance when you get rid of your knock. (but then again, .... you know that too right? :D )

My 85GN has the following mods:

1. Hooker Hi-flow exhaust with test pipe.
2. Poston Headers.
3. 30 lb injectors.
4. Casper Ultra chip.
5. Front and back frame brace kits.
6. New GM fuel pump.
7. Hot wire kit.
8. 160 degree thermostat.
9. Mark Huefman cold air kit.
10. VDO tach and boost gauges.
11. Stock turbo rebuit by Limit Engineering.
12. Adj- waste gate act. I get 20lb boost at WOT.
13. Jasper crate motor. I had Jasper rebuild bu stock engine(painted grey) which I later blew up with the adj. waste gate. The stock boost and tach band gauges do not work. Jasper would not honor the warranty on my original engine which was my fault. They offered me a deal on a shelf engine for the same price as the rebuild with no warranty. I took the deal. The new engine came back painted black with orange paint in the lifter valley. My mechanic said that is how the performance engine are painted. We do not know what the performance changes are. I know that the block is from an 85 Regal. This motor does not sound like the original but is alot faster. I can smoke the tires with posi. I have decided to stay Hot- Air because this car really moves out. Brad

You running race gas or alky? I can't run 20# of boost on pump gas? What year cobra was this and what kind of race...street or strip....from a stop or roll........up to 30mph or all the way out?

that car looks great dont sellnit just trade me:D my car dosnt look half as good as that and i wouldnt take less than 7,000

Just for fun I looked at the NADA prices on ann 84 T the other day. In restored condition, needing nothing, they showed a high retail of $15,500..

That is up a lot from just a few years ago :)