You can type here any text you want

Cam bearing tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
There is no cheap way to do things right and have the outcome you want. Lots of guys turn there own out on a lathe. But I guess if you had a lathe you wouldn't be looking for a economy cam bearing tool.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I knew I should have built a bunch way back when I was on my buddies lathe..... lol

I did take it to a next level and made mine do double duty. It has a tit on the end (giggty) that will drive freeze plugs too. :)

I knew I should have built a bunch way back when I was on my buddies lathe..... lol

I did take it to a next level and made mine do double duty. It has a tit on the end (giggty) that will drive freeze plugs too. :)
I could have several made if anyone wants to do a group purchase.

I could have several made if anyone wants to do a group purchase.
What kind of $ figure are you thinking? Will it have the built in freeze plug driver as a bonus like the earl original?
TIA

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If someone wants to make a blueprint it will be a lot cheaper . If I have to figure it all out it will be a lot more. Is have to run it by my machinist.

I've got a print around here somewhere. Next time I'm cleaning I'll see if I can find the side of a miller lite box with scribblings on it :D

The first motor I rebuilt was in the late 60's. I took an old baseball
bat, turned it down to the size I needed to hold the bearings and beat
'em in with the sledge hammer! Crude, but it worked. I bought a Lisle
#18000 cam bearing driver to do the the next rebuild. There wasn't
much left to
the bat after the first motor job! :woot:

Last edited:
Back