You can type here any text you want

cam #s how to find specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

richardv6

anyone know how to find out what cam specs is just by numbers on cam end?i know its a 3.8 solid rollor but thats it.come with a stage 2 3.8 motor i got.heres pic

2013-01-01_12-08-28_763.jpg

I might be able to generate a cam card but it would be a small guess based on the numbers.

First, the 276-2 looks like a comp cams 276HER-2 lobe. The R115 looks like lobe separation.
AG

This is what I think it may be. I generated these nubers based an installed CL of 113.
AG.

Rated In 276
Rated Ex 276
LCA115
Intake CL113
Dur In @ .050 232
Dur Ex @ .050 232
IVO @ .050 3
IVC @ .050 49
EVO @ .050 53
EVC @ .050 -1
IVO 25
IVC 71
EVO 75
EVC 21
Lobe Lift In 0.350
Lobe Lift Ex 0.350
Overlap @ .050 2
Overlap 46
In Lift w/1.55 0.543
In Lift w/1.65 0.578
Ex Lift w/1.55 0.543
Ex Lift w/1.65 0.578

i would appreciate it if you could.i got this cam with a 3.8 stage motor and have no way of contacting original owner for i recieved it second hand.all i know it was a solid rollor.

wow, that was fast!i dont know how you figuered that out but, your good.looks like a healthy cam.

I can generate a real cam card in 2* increments for a fee if you send me the cam and timing set you will be using if it's a chain setup. I can also give you a good lash rec. Pm if interested.

richardv6 said:
wow, that was fast!i dont know how you figuered that out but, your good.looks like a healthy cam.

I have a spreadsheet that I made to calculate opening and closing events based on catalog info. It would match perfectly the manufactures cam card.
The only downfall is that the actual duration changes when applied to a small Buick cam core.
AG

You can also try and verify lobe lift by measuring lobe at its tallest point and subtracting base circle @ 90 degrees from peak.
AG

Do you know what head configuration that cam was used with? Meaning was it stock port locations or was it for true stage 2 port locations? Not knowing any of the history of it you may want to figure this out to save yourself some grief.

fastblackracing said:
Do you know what head configuration that cam was used with? Meaning was it stock port locations or was it for true stage 2 port locations? Not knowing any of the history of it you may want to figure this out to save yourself some grief.

A pic of the lobes would quickly answer this

The motor it came out of had production style heads on it.

Neal

the motor this cam was in was a stage 2 3.8 with m&a heads...i was told car went 9.30s.not sure at what boost level or turbo size..

Did you measure 90 degrees to get the base circle measurment ? If you subtract the two you should get roughly the lobe lift.

Allan G.

Looks like .344" lobe lift based on your measurments and really close to .350" from the lobes I guessed on from the numbers provided. I would say it is probably the lobes I originally posted.

Allan G.

Back