You can type here any text you want

Cam Selection for mild high 10 second car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
Doing a relatively low dollar rebuild of my T-type motor, but it will have caps, steel rods, pistons and mildly ported heads.

I figure I'll run it to 5600-5800 RPM max.

Goal is to run 10.99 with a small turbo (TA49 w/Precision Turbine housing), mid twenties boost and not really any faster than this. It went 11.50's with the stock motor.

What cam do you recommend for this combo?

I don't want a roller, just a hydraulic that will work.

Erson 214-214 I ran 2 of them in different motors & they pull hard up top. The 208 is also good but I really like the 214. Check them out! Good cams!

nick knows his stuff. i would go with a 206/206 or if u want alittle more go 212/212

Chris,

I'm with Nick too.

I'm a big fan of the 206/206.. assuming you're going flat tappet? I've known 3 cars personally that went "real" 10.60's with the cam and Champion irons.

I've driven Greg K's car old car with this cam (with te64) and it seemed to spool much faster than mine with the 212/212 (with PT52). That being said, the 212 probably makes more power with more turbo and converter in that rpm range you are speaking of, but I wouldn't do it and give up the low end and spool up.

hope that helps a little.

Back