You can type here any text you want

Cam Selection Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
What roller cam would work best with this setup:

Standard Bore 109
Champion Stock Appearing Intake
TA Aluminum Street Heads
Alky
2004R
3.42 Gear
CEA 6262 Journal
AC 16930

Since the converter won't couple well when cranked up I'd use a 212 intake duration. With a converter swap I'd order a custom cam with 208-210 intake duration@.050". With more turbine you could get more out of it and benefit from more duration. With more compressor and turbine you could get 800hp out of it on 93/alky.

Since the converter won't couple well when cranked up I'd use a 212 intake duration. With a converter swap I'd order a custom cam with 208-210 intake duration@.050". With more turbine you could get more out of it and benefit from more duration. With more compressor and turbine you could get 800hp out of it on 93/alky.

Brian like to ask a question on a cam also, whats a 212/212 flat tapped cam like in these motors? and do you have to change the push rods Thanks.

278cikiller said:
Brian like to ask a question on a cam also, whats a 212/212 flat tapped cam like in these motors? and do you have to change the push rods Thanks.

The same ad a roller or the most part. I wouldnt waste my time with a flat cam. Too many things can go wrong with a flat cam. Push rods almost always need to be changed when switching cams.

I wouldnt waste my time with a flat cam. Too many things can go wrong with a flat cam...

Agreed. I ordered a Summit Racing 224/230 cam not too long ago and wiped a lobe already, but then again I was rushing the break in period. Bit the bullet and ordered a roller cam soon after with linked roller lifters, costly, but better to pay now then pay even more later on. Go roller and don't look back...

I love it when I get asked the same question and I give a different answer. Why do I even bother..

You forgot to add mildy ported TA SI heads...........by TA performance. If the cam is in right they might run a good number!:)

Back