Cam sensor adjustment vs. fueling...

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
How much does the cam sensor adjustment affect fueling AND general vehicle drivability? If it wasn't set correct, would it be easy to recognize? Would there be major driveability issues? If the cam sensor wasn't set 100% on the mark, would you immediately know by driving it? Understand what I'm getting at?

- Car idles fine with default thumbwheel settings.
- Normal driving in traffic, car runs smooth and fine.
- At 4500RPM I get a real bad stumble. It falls on it's face.

I still have to dial in thumbwheel along with a ton of other things to do. I'm sure my problem is something else, I'm just rying to elliminate stuff without turning the wrenches. I don't really have the time to check/reset the sensor again. I'm leaving for the nats in just a couple of days and have no test time on the car!! Please let me know.

Thanks,
-Banning.

the cam sensor has to be "close". if it was off all aspects of how the engine runs would be effected

Sounds like your fueling enrichment @4500+ needs to be adusted.

Thanks for the quick reply.

the cam sensor has to be "close". if it was off all aspects of how the engine runs would be effected

That's what I suspected.

I think that 4500RPM problem I'm having is something else... probalby something I can set/adjust in the thumbwheel. I've also got a lot of turbo flutter at 1/2 - full throttle. May be the same fix there too.

-Banning.

heres your sig:

Mods (new combo):
PT51 turbo w/.63 housing, Ported irons w/stock valves, 218 cam, Powerstroke IC, 72# injectors, M.E. 16 position, ATR 3" DP w/external gate, DelTrans 200R4, 9.5" Vigilante, Eaton posi, Hooiser QT Pro's

shouldnt be too long now before the first mod needs changing..
:(

get er running right then put er in race trim and hold on but cant say how long it'll last