You can type here any text you want

Cam sensor gear replacement ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm getting ready to install my cam sensor and the gear has what I feel is too much wear . Should I replace it with steel or bronze ?? It is going into a different motor that has 400 miles on it and has a roller , also I read that someone on hear is running a composite plastic gear . Anyone have info on that ?

DSCN0288.JPG DSCN0289.JPG DSCN0290.JPG

BOP engineering sells the polymer gear.

Typically billet core cams will wear the gear because they do not have an oiling provision

Thanks guys , Not a billet cam

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Weber has the polymer gear also. I installed one and did the oil mod.

I'm getting ready to install my cam sensor and the gear has what I feel is too much wear . Should I replace it with steel or bronze ?? It is going into a different motor that has 400 miles on it and has a roller , also I read that someone on hear is running a composite plastic gear . Anyone have info on that ?

I have one new factory gear in stock if interested. I also have the BOP composite gear in stock. The gear will usually wear more when a non GM timing cover is used.

gear.jpg

IMO - the pics don't show a lot of wear. I change when teeth are 50% worn. Bronze here, cheap insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO - the pics don't show a lot of wear. I change when teeth are 50% worn. Bronze here, cheap insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree , not a lot of wear but it's going in on a new motor and didn't want it to have a wear pattern that matches the old cam. At this point what's another $50 lol .

Well that polymer gear is a bit more expensive..... But it's a nice piece

Back