You can type here any text you want

Cam sync is way off - how to get around this ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vtec4gs

This is why my motor wasnt firing up, my whole cam sync was off... this is when Craig confirmed it wasnt my FAST ecm in last post.

I can;t get my cam trigge sync'd properly with my FAST Sefi. Here's how the thing is setup, its a dual cam 4 cylinder motor. The intake camshaft has a slot which drives the stock distributor. The distributor shaft has the 4 trigger magnet which triggers each cylinder. The distributor is slotted to adjust timing.

My first problem is I just degree's my cams, had ot advance my intake a good 6 (cam) degrees (my head is milled a few thousandths) - this is 12 crank degrees. Now, my timing on the crank is about 4 degrees off from my timing on the FAST. The distributor is fully adjusted all the way with me even cutting off the slot so its all the way to the edge being held by the bolts.

My second problem is in the ecu config setup with cam trigger setup where you input the max number of degrees + 10 for ecu to compensate process time ... if I go over 40 my timing will be off by at least 4 or 5 degrees. If I reduce this number it will line back up. My problem is I need to run at least 34 degrees of timing in my map so I need to set this to at least 44 or 45.

Any ideas on how to get aorund this ? what is the risk involved with having my entire ign map off by about 4 or 5 degrees ?

Oh, why is my o2 sensor intermittently off and on ? when it comes on my batt voltage on dashboard says 27v but when the O2 doesnt work it goes back to around 12.2v ? this a common thing ? how much warm up time is the normal for O2 ?

thanks,
Greg

Back