You can type here any text you want

Cam???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey, how did that cam work out for you? I am thinking about getting one myself and would love to hear how you like it.

Yep, I was hoping to find out if he has flattened any of the lobes by now or if he bought and then changed his setup for some reason.

I don't know if you're asking me, but everything has been good with my rebuild. I still have a slight ticking noise that I've learned to live with. It's not as bad with the Erson 208 as it was with the Comp 206, but it's still there. No flattened lobes on the flat tappet cam rebuild either.

Well, I was actually hoping to hear from the guy with the 214/214 erson but your feedback is just as valued, thanks. I don't want to start another "which cam" thread because I know it's been beat to death, but with that being said, I was going to go with the 214/214 erson flat tappet. No money for a roller setup. Is this can going to be too much for a street car with iron heads and an upgraded turbo and converter? I know it's all about what I have and where I want to go with the combo, all I really want is a cruiser with guts.

The 214/214 was great & I sold the engine to a local member that used it another season. He had some electrical issues (in a mazda swap?) It ran 10's but the Gremlins killed that project. Motor was still in good shape & no complaints mech wise. With GM lifters it was quiet.

Back