Came close to melting it down...

What did the voltage show on the log? The voltage demand on the 32psi hit may show something different than the voltage demand at the 20-22psi hit. I would start the process of elimination by checking for sufficient voltage before chasing down the pump and regulator. Voltage should be logged and checked with a load on the whole electrical system and not at idle.

20-22 pounds of boost is a whole different ball game. As boost is raised the fuel pumps ability to deliver is drastically reduced.

I would like to see a log of a hard third gear pull with no up or down shift.

Is the wastegate hole ported?

Aeromotibe 340lph flow chart. At 70psi it’s only a 200lph

Attachments

• 027-11140FlowChart.PDF
    552.7 KB · Views: 18
I agree that it's at the limit.

Car still has race gas in it so I pushed it a little harder this morning going to work. 24 pounds and 70 psi fuel.

At the track the problem started at 18 psi during the burnout, it was like the regulator lost it's signal

You really want magnification when reading the plugs and look way down at the base of ceramic for color. The hardest part to see, sadly.

Thi s is exactly why I'm putting a fuel pressure switch in my car to cut the boost out if pressure drops below a certain psi;)

Prior to this I would have said 32 psi of boost on 49 psi of fuel would have been a death sentence for the pistons.

Yes it held up. I bought it 4 or 5 months ago and who knows how long it was in the tank before that.

Almost chose not to use it at all because of the questionable age.

Prior to this I would have said 32 psi of boost on 49 psi of fuel would have been a death sentence for the pistons.
The seal in the turbo would have been subjected to some extreme heat as well. Keep an eye out for oil leaking into the down pipe. If there was any real damage,you'd see smoke coming out of the tail pipes.

So far everything is fine. The heads are somewhat unique on this car and the valves are a super alloy that holds up well to extreme heat.

Was a little concerned on the exhaust because the seats are razor thin, especially for a turbo car.

Stoichiometric is 14.7:1 so technically if all cylinders are dead even you could get away with it.

At that perfect burn ratio there is absolutely zero fuel left behind for cooling so any cylinder that's off by the slightest margin would have been damaged.