You can type here any text you want

Can anyone check under their hood???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
I was changing some vacuum hoses this weekend and I think I connected the wrong pieces together. Behind the coil pack there is a piece(diagphram maybe) with 3 vacuum hoses that connect to it. Could someone please check under their hood and tell me where the hoses lead to and which end the hose plugs into, there is one on the top,bottom and the middle. Thanks in advance :redface:

The bottom and side go to AC vents and cruise control while the top feeds them with a vacuum source.HTH

If your talking about check valve w/3 hoses.1 goes to map,1 goes to egr,last one goes to cruise control.

My problem is cruise doesn't work and a/c comes thru defrost only. What about the other 2 check valves (1 by the power steering and the other by the EGR) which way is the gray or white area facing on your vehicles??? Sorry for the amount of questions but this is a pain in the ASS when its 100 degrees outside.

check valve by cruise has white twds fender,other check valve near coil has flattest side twds firewall.

Quote from another member..........There are two valves behind the control panel that vacuum lines go into. My 85 Monte Carlo was doing the same thing. I replaced both valves about $20 total from GM and it fixed my leak. The larger valve with with lots of multicolor vacuum lines rotates when you change from a/c, to defrost, to heat, ect. depending where air flow is to be ducted. The rubber diaphram gets old and leaks. I just replace both valves since it was apart. Hope this helps your problem.

Kma697 said:
My problem is cruise doesn't work and a/c comes thru defrost only. What about the other 2 check valves (1 by the power steering and the other by the EGR) which way is the gray or white area facing on your vehicles??? Sorry for the amount of questions but this is a pain in the ASS when its 100 degrees outside.

Mine was doing the same thing,like I said,AC,cruise,and vac source.Suicide Six is wrong.

Back