You can type here any text you want

can I do this...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 got boost

Im having a smoke issue, but cant seem to get help soooooo can I remove the cross over pipe and delete turbo all together to see if smoke coming from motor?
Have a previous thread going 72 people looked at 1 replied... found an old thread from 2006 w/ this issue... and done all but delete turbo... check out the last reply from me, on thread tells alot, its under smoooke!!

thanks, ray:biggrin:

Yes. the only thing you're going to lose is the oxygen sensor and that isn't used until you're in closed loop.

thank u i,ll go that route first... before pulling the DP back... if I do pull pipe back what kind of residual (sp) would I be lookin at?
it dont start smoking until a few minutes later, after start, then wow, then just before thermo opens starts to fade to a little bit, till u give it gas.

Sounds like your turbo. If the thing isn't smoking until it gets hot that tells me the oil is probably in the exhaust piping and when the piping gets hot it starts to smoke.

turbo it is! exh. side filled w/ oil, had pulled the cross over pipe and looked in pipes and they were clean, ran, no smoke, thats when I pulled the DP, filled w/ oil the fins were riding a puddle it was that bad..., and
blackbandit I thank u for replying....

thanks, ray

Back