You can type here any text you want

Can I get a 15" rim that will fit on my GN and my LS1??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Berman

Seeing as I will likely need new drag radials for the ls1 shortly, I was wondering if there was a rim that will bolt on both cars? (the rear only obviously. no 15" would clear ls1 front brakes). I'm going to have to put regular radials on the LS1 shortly I think (commuting too many miles, wears out drag radials fast). So it would be nice to only need one set of drag radials that I just could swap on either car. I only run 245's on the ls1 so I don't break every driveline part instantly upon launch, so the tire size isn't a problem.

Some welds?

Originally posted by Berman
no 15" would clear ls1 front brakes

Not quite true. Convo-Pros (15X4's anyway) bolt right on the front of a 98+ F-body with no interference whatsoever. Depending on what size rear wheel you want (and your tolerance for having them hang out), you could also put 15X7 w/ 3.375 BS Convo's on the rear, but it's not going to look very good on the F-car.

The G-body uses a 7-inch wheel with ~3.75 BS and the F-body uses at least an 8-inch wheel (depending on model) with 5.5 BS. This disparity means that you are not going to find a wheel that fits both cars perfectly (or well).

Back