You can type here any text you want

can i use monroe shocks with the 5413 springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

i'll be doing the 5658 5413 swap. can i use the new Monroe's sitting on the shelf? or do i have to go with something else?
thnx in advance for the answer:cool:

i try to do my research before posting and was not able to come up with an answer regarding what shocks to use with these springs. i've read about springs popping out by going low etc and same time read kyb's being used with these springs.
anyone? .....:confused:

installed the 5413's with the sensa trac's with out an answer on this one.....
no change in the ride height...no road test yet.

I have KYB and mine pop out when i jack the car up.Think im going to try some Bilsteins and maybe some fbody springs to get the rear to come down some.

I have KYB and mine pop out when i jack the car up.Think im going to try some Bilsteins and maybe some fbody springs to get the rear to come down some.
so the shocks are preventing the car from sitting lower? the kyb's are popping out??

No the shocks don't prevent it from getting lower and the springs are the ones that pop out when i jack the car up.

No the shocks don't prevent it from getting lower and the springs are the ones that pop out when i jack the car up.
i got air bags in there too, so maybe if i keep em pumped it might be ok...however i may have hurt one of them as i heard a leak.
oh well see what happends.

Sensatrac shocks are ment to be used with stock ride height.So if the valve is lower in the shock body the sensatrac option will not work correcty.You probably wouldnt even feel the differance.Check Monroes web site and check it out. I installed a boatload of those shocks and struts with minimal problems

i'll be doing the 5658 5413 swap. can i use the new Monroe's sitting on the shelf? or do i have to go with something else?
thnx in advance for the answer:cool:

How do you like the 5658 springs? Does the car sit ok? Ride not too harsh? I ordered the stock springs (5006?) but i think I will have Oreilly send them back and get me the 5658. Unfortunately I don't know what the prior owner put on the rear (or the front for that matter). I found one front spring had a piece broken off of it so it is time for new front springs. Or should I get Hotchkis or Eibach? It is for an 87 GN. Thanks.

Back