You can type here any text you want

Can I use the existing wiring?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mark Parks

Can I use the existing wiring If I want to install a new head unit and new speakers? I have the Concert sound II system?

think there is a certain way you gotta run wiring for concert sound system so that you dont fry your head unit with new aftermarket speakers.

think there is a certain way you gotta run wiring for concert sound system so that you dont fry your head unit with new aftermarket speakers.

I'm going to a modern Kenwood CD radio. My question is the EXISTING wiring strong enough for the new Kenwood stereo and new speakers to just plug and play?

ive got a sony explod head unit 52wx4, jl audio 3.5's in the dash, jl audio 5.25's in the doors, and polk audio 6x9's on concert sound stock wiring.

Thanks. I presume you are running the speakers without an amp,just off the head unit?
I understand that there could be a problem with 6x9's in the back coming in contact with the cross bar in the trunk?

Thanks. I presume you are running the speakers without an amp,just off the head unit?
I understand that there could be a problem with 6x9's in the back coming in contact with the cross bar in the trunk?

i am right now and it sounds fine, but im installing an amp next week and will probably change out all the wiring anyways.

yea my 6x9s are right on the cross bars. actually made it a very tight fit and actually liked how it came out, but it didnt affect the way anything moved in my trunk. the crossbars touching the 6x9s dont really move at all when i open and close the trunk. btw , the magnets on my polk audio 6x9s are pretty big, i know there are plenty 6x9s with smaller magnets. i wouldnt put any 4x10s in there, even aftermarket ones are pretty weak.

no problem!

btw dont know if you know, but youll need 4x10 to 6x9 adapters you can buy off of ebay for $15-$20 shipped. just type in "4x10 adapter"

Back