You can type here any text you want

can you run a solid roller w/ 300# of seat pressure on the street?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nonosv6

just wondering if its ok to run a solid roller on the street with approx 300# of seat pressure ....not planning on taking it x-country or anthing jus to some shows....wut kind of limitations are on this kind of setup?

It would depend on the cam profile and there arent many cruisers that need that much spring. There are certain lobes i wouldnt run anymore than they needed to get the car down the quarter. If youre worried about it and dont run it hard switch the springs out.

the motor wasnt built for a street car, its definitely a race motor that i might be looking to tame down a little....cam doesnt appear to be to radical from looking at the card....what do you think is too much for the street ?

How many degrees difference between Duration at .003 and .050?

i pm'd u with the #s , but the difference in duration is about 42 from .015 to .050

the motor wasnt built for a street car, its definitely a race motor that i might be looking to tame down a little....cam doesnt appear to be to radical from looking at the card....what do you think is too much for the street ?

I think it is WAY too much for the street. :eek:

My engine has 100#'s less valve spring pressure and can easily go over 7000 RPM.

The main concern would be the load on the timing chain as many people, including myself, have broken chains using much less pressure. :(

I think it is WAY too much for the street. :eek:

My engine has 100#'s less valve spring pressure and can easily go over 7000 RPM.

The main concern would be the load on the timing chain as many people, including myself, have broken chains using much less pressure. :(
yea i was about to ask, what kind of rpm are we trying to push?

Back