You can type here any text you want

Cant Hold Boost With S10 Cylinders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marred4life

Banned
i just installed some new s10 cylinders, new all positive shoe cavities, and new steel drums and i cant seem to hold any boost, i recentle switch to vacumme because my powermaster blew, i bleed my brake system correct(gravity and pressure bleed) i have no leaks in the lines, the only way i can get it to hold boost is if i hold the e-brake and brake pedal at the same time, has anyone gone threw this :(

How tight are the back brakes? Did you bleed them ALOT?
Try tightening the brakes until they rub, and leave it. Drive around for a day or so, and tighten them again. Do this a couple of times, and you will have alot more of the brake shoes making contact with the drums. When you first put shoes on, they don't have the same curve as the drums, and you will only get a little contact. I think it is usually just the ends. Doing this, will wear the brakes so that you get more contact patch. They should continue to get better the more you use them, but you will probably have to keep tightening them. The adjusters never seem to work good enough. Then, switch back to the Power Monster. J/K.

thanks for the advise, i didnt think of that one, i drove the car againg today but still couldnt hold boost, ill adjust them tomorrow and see what happens :D

Back